Model 2 House of the dead

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Model 2 House of the dead

Post by OldFoo »

Hi

Probably one for MR Geezer....

House of the dead on Model 2 hardware, apart from the PCB what other hardware is used.

Gun sensors ?

Gun IO ?

etc etc etc.

any help greatly appreciated.

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

House of the Dead is Model 2C CRX, single main board and top level rom board.

Usings the Fuji TGP chips and has slight more processing power than the rest.

House of the Dead needs the following hardware:

Filterboard with the RS422 communications connector wired up, it also needs a Gun sense board (same as found on Virtua Cop 2), Part #837-12079, these are impossible to find it would seem. Also probably more expensive than buying the actual main board!

The RGB from monitor goes into the gun IO board, and RGB comes from the gun board into the game board, so the job of the gun board is to filter the c-sync.

The guns are just regular optical guns, happ controls generic guns work fine, although don't look as cool.

A Virtua Cop 2 UR can be converted to a HOTD just by swapping PCB stack.

I have both VCOP 2 and HOTD :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i have a virtua cop 2 machine here for 300 us dollar
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm glad this topic came up because I am getting a HOTD pcb pretty soon. I'm going to be using it with a supergun, so obviously I'll need the model 2 - Jamma convertor. I already have a Virtua Fighter 2 board, so my question is - is it really any more difficult to hook up a House of the Dead to a supergun as opposed to the VF2? Or in other words, is connection the gun I/O board fairly straightofrward. Also, is the communication connector hooked up to the pcb?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

viper - sorry to stray off topic, your using a Supergun with model 2, how are you handling the medium res output ? multisync monitor ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm just gonna use an actual medium resolution monitor. Its the one that MAS Systems sells. They are a little expensive (especially with shipping), so if anyone has any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Actually, I was thinking...what about something like an X-RGB +? Could I hook it up to a VGA monitor through that?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Little bit more complicated to wire up a HOTD.

For example some fo the gun wiring goes to the gun sense board, and some of it goes to the filter board.

There is a small serial lead that goes from the filter board to the gun board

The gun board needs +5V/GND as well

The RGB from filter board goes to the gun sense board, and the RGB out from the gun sense board goes to the med res monitor.

Some kits are sold with Jamma adapters and that is pre-done for you, otherwise you need good knowledge and wiring diagram.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

viper, XRGB units only upscan 15k > 31k, I don't think they can do 24k>31k
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hey lord viper

Ok i picked up the kit today, basically stripped out a complete machine (dont worry not dedicated) and took everything that was needed.

until i get the machine for the kit to go into i will probably set it up on a super gun too so will let you know how i get on, ill also take some pics of everything so you know what you should be getting.

the only thing i forgot to take was the plug that connects into the filter board and then goes to the monitor, so will need to find a suitable plug for this.

For medium res games i use a microvitec 1458 (i think thats the model), took me a while to find one in the UK but it will sync to all resolutions as far as im aware, only tested it on standard and med res but from spec i beleive it will also do high res for naomi too.

Anyway will take some pics and keep you posted as to how i get on

Cheers

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks setch keep me updated. I'd really like to avoid buying a complete dedicated cab...my Daytona 2 cab already takes up enough space ;) Anyway hopefully its not too tough. Good luck.