System 246 problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, i elevate the +5v to 5,17v and now the dvd drive open and close perfectly but i can?t start the game.

I switch on the system 246 with the dongle card, open the dvd drive and insert soul calibur 2 dvd.

Switch off the system 246.

Switch on and the dvd drive read a few seconds but don?t saw nothing on the tv.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sorry to go back a bit,the cab has a good known monitor?

the system 246 worked for the other owner,did you have to disconnect any cables to install this game system

have you tried to attach a vga pc monitor to the vga output of the 246,considering this is a vga res game
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I also have a mgcd in the cabinet. But to install the pc monitor i need to change the frecuency 15khz to 31 Khz and i don?t know how can i make that.
Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you plug the pc monitor direct to the vga of the system 246,i was not aware this game could go 15khz-how is it done?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I was testing with the tv. I see something warning in the tv about the ilegal copy, but if I only insert the dongle and the memory, no the dvd.

Maybe the 12v is very low, 11,43v. And that is the reason than the dvd drive don?t read ok because when I insert a dvd, starts a dvd sound in the drive, 5-10 seconds, and stop the dvd drive.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ahhh i see,you are using a supergun and some kind of jamma interface-so you get a pic at the start but not the game pic
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Now, i have conected in my jamma cabinet the system 246.

Not get the start image, because with the dvd i not get any image.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You changed the DVD player with a DVD burner

I have put a DVD RW ND Nec 2510A Double layer :smt005 :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i have the same model, i will try with that.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If some body want to see my problem, i recorded a video and uploaded to megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=XM1VDPMY