schematic wanted for sanwa pm1745 monitor

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

schematic wanted for sanwa pm1745 monitor

Post by OldFoo »

Hi

im trying to obtain a schematic diagram for the sanwa pm1745 monitor as fitted in sega video games

hope you can help

regards

Tony
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

like rocking horse poo,never seen one ever-try contacting joey at jomac in australia-if anyone would have them he will
OldFoo

sanwa pm 1745

Post by OldFoo »

Hi :smt006

it does seem that way ken westerfield does not have one

waiting to hear from dhleisure

was sent a drawing from john at sega t.s. but its very poor with no title will check it out best i can when i return to work

anybody know if the Ultimate Monitor Repair Guide from star tech journal is any good

cheers :D

tony
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

whats the problem mate,maybe its something i can help with
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

They stopped giving out the monitor schemes with machines.

Tony @ DH Leisure will have it, but doubt he'll give it out, as it is a source of his income.
OldFoo

sanwa pm 1745

Post by OldFoo »

it was passed to me as being "dead" after talking to the boys on the floor it seems the picture would collapse to a straight horizontal line so it looks like a vertical problem

checked caps and 1 was dead and 1 low so replaced and heres the bad part the monitor was hooked up to 240v (should have gone to check instead of reading the fuse rating) on the bench and popped the filter in cap (i hope thats all) now have a replacement but will fit next week when i return to work

no signs of dry joints and the LOPT looks good so thought id search out a schematic this week just in case

this is very much a return to component level work after years of advance replacement due to time

tony
OldFoo

Re: sanwa pm 1745

Post by OldFoo »

drslots wrote:it was passed to me as being "dead" after talking to the boys on the floor it seems the picture would collapse to a straight horizontal line so it looks like a vertical problem

checked caps and 1 was dead and 1 low so replaced and heres the bad part the monitor was hooked up to 240v (should have gone to check instead of reading the fuse rating) on the bench and popped the filter in cap (I hope thats all) now have a replacement but will fit next week when I return to work

no signs of dry joints and the LOPT looks good so thought id search out a schematic this week just in case

this is very much a return to component level work after years of advance replacement due to time

tony

I'll keep my fingers crossed on that, 240V is quite an extreme out of range tollerance.

Problem with Sanwa chassis is there is a really bad bulk load of them, (the ones that where in all the Outrun 2s).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if you have a vertical frame collapse change the vertical frame ic and check the voltage input

240v into an isolated 115v chassis is a bit of a crazy thing to do,so where is the fault at now--frame collapse or power supply shot?

surely feeding this chassis with 240v would have at least taken out the fuse and maybe a diode or two in the primary psu circuit as well as the mains filter cap
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

grantspain wrote:if you have a vertical frame collapse change the vertical frame ic and check the voltage input

240v into an isolated 115v chassis is a bit of a crazy thing to do,so where is the fault at now--frame collapse or power supply shot?

surely feeding this chassis with 240v would have at least taken out the fuse and maybe a diode or two in the primary psu circuit as well as the mains filter cap

ok at the moment its been put back into its box decided to go no further untill i get back to work and even then it will take a little time to get to it and replacement cap only arrived late on friday

will let you know the outcome in a couple of weeks i hope!!!!!!!!!!!

tony
OldFoo

Re: sanwa pm 1745

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
drslots wrote:it was passed to me as being "dead" after talking to the boys on the floor it seems the picture would collapse to a straight horizontal line so it looks like a vertical problem

checked caps and 1 was dead and 1 low so replaced and heres the bad part the monitor was hooked up to 240v (should have gone to check instead of reading the fuse rating) on the bench and popped the filter in cap (I hope thats all) now have a replacement but will fit next week when I return to work

tony

I'll keep my fingers crossed on that, 240V is quite an extreme out of range tollerance.

Problem with Sanwa chassis is there is a really bad bulk load of them, (the ones that where in all the Outrun 2s).

what caught us out was this was fitted in a namco time crisis 3 we have a secound time crisis 3 in another location with polo 2,s id like to think if it came from a sega machine the 110v input would of registered without thinking what monitor it was or at least started with 110v

we live and learn!!!!!