A Few *MORE* Questions From A Naomi Virgin!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Borman wrote:Image

The mess until the other cab is set up :P

That MVS at the bottom of the stack got a big LOL from me. :smt043

Didn't know it was so easy with the Capcom I/O... Maybe I should try to get one...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for all the above help, got a couple more questions now as I'm looking around for a kit to buy:

-Which region system is the best, bios-wise?

-Are there any games which won't play on one bios, etc?

-Naturally I'd prefer to have my games displayed in English, do JAP games display in English on a US bios?

Cheers,

ph0rce
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

japanese bios is best in my opinion, some GD games will only play on JP Bios, whereas some Naomi 2 carts will only work with export BIOS

language depends on the game, GGXX for example, while it works on either JP or export BIOS, if you use a Japanese disc, the text inbetween matches is Japanese regardless, whereas Japanese games like Project Justice/Moero Justice Gakuen, will have english text

some game codes differ for character unlock aswell, MvC2 is the main one tho
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If I buy a US kit, can the bios be reflashed to Japanese & everything work ok? Or is it possible to have multiple bios(s) & swap between them as & when it suits me?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer can burn you another BIOS, and you can remove them and swap between them as you wish, although you are best to be careful when removing the BIOS eeprom itself as it is quite easy to bend the legs and snap them off. a decent eeprom extractor is a handy tool to have, altho 2 small flat bladed screwdrivers and raising the BIOS out carefully also works, but most times if you use a screwdrive method you can bend the BIOS pin legs and eventually they become so weak they snap off by just breathing near them
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:AndyGeezer can burn you another BIOS, and you can remove them and swap between them as you wish, although you are best to be careful when removing the BIOS eeprom itself as it is quite easy to bend the legs and snap them off. a decent eeprom extractor is a handy tool to have, altho 2 small flat bladed screwdrivers and raising the BIOS out carefully also works, but most times if you use a screwdrive method you can bend the BIOS pin legs and eventually they become so weak they snap off by just breathing near them

I was trying to remove my chip to see if it caused an error a seller was describing, but it was so hard to do I just forgot about it. :D

I really need to get a chip extractor. I think I had one... somewhere...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can also use those dummy pci slot covers from the back of a pc. They work pretty well! :smt043