Communication Error, Resolved??? and monitor issue

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
Big Bruno

Communication Error, Resolved??? and monitor issue

Post by Big Bruno »

I recently picked up a Sega Naomi Cab at an auction. As usally with auctioned stuff if you are lucky you are stuck with a few minor fixes, unlucky your stuck with somthing to haul off to the DUMP. Anyway, I would play the virtua tennis GD-Rom on it for about 1 hour and then it would reboot and give me a communication error. It would then repeat the error with the GD-Rom unless I turned it off for 2 hours. after leaving it off I would turn in back on and it would work again and then repeat the problem. However I could remove the DIMM and put a cart in and it would play again without any issues. This is a naomi 1 board by the way with english bios revision 'E'.

ok so I was thinking the Dimm board was bad. Well I of course was wrong. Due to my own stupidity, I was trying to pin out the 6 buttons on my cab and crossed the 12v with one of the wires frying my Naomi 1 board. So I went to Ebay and picked up a japanes board with a Japanese rev 'E' bios. now I am no longer having the communication error after running Guilty Gear XX #reload on it overnight.

So do you think it is fixed? :)

now on the monitor

My Cab also has a Push Button adjustment for the monitor as described below,

Mode Select up Down

X X X X

I can press the mode then select a few times then up and down and will randomly get to the adjustment I need to be able to fix the picture. I almost have it perfect except I need to expand the veritcale size.

Does anyone know how this board adjustment work. here is a pick of my cab for info, the adjustment board is on the control panel and is attached to the wire runing across to the monitor,