Naomi Noob

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
acampero

Naomi Noob

Post by acampero »

Hello all,

Looking for a little bit of advice.

I am looking at getting a Cyberlead Candy Cabinet, and was wondering what all I need to look at to get Naomi-ized. I understand the I/O is built into the cabinet, so I would need a Naomi motherboard in order to get started right? That and a few games.

I am also interested in converting my Dreamcast into working with that system. And for that I would need a DC to Jamma harness made correct?

I just got into this whole arcade thing a few months ago and am currently in the process of building/restoring a Vampire Savior CPS-2 dynamo cabinet. So pardon the inexperience as this is all so new and exciting.

Cheers

Arn
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

howdy and welcome

yep, if you are planning on a Cyberlead (I assume from Matsu) that is JVS, all you need is the motherboard and games as its a "JVS" ready cabinet - meaning it has Stereo amp and I/O board allready fitted.

to run anything via JAMMA, yes you would need a JVS to JAMMA convertor
acampero

Post by acampero »

Thanks Mr. Meg.

And yes Matsu is the man! He has been very helpful with answering all of my questions, and I am lucky enough to be located in Los Angeles, which makes pick up easy.

The JVS to Jamma converter. How much do these go for? I will look into it.

Also, can you reccomend somewhere, other than Ebay, that I can get Naomi stuff from. Im looking at getting the motherboard, and a few games (GGX and Capcom Vs. SNK)

Thanks

Arn
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

besides the many peoples on here of course ;)

www.excellentcom.net (mail them for a price list) isprobably one of the better places to grab Naomi goodies at good prices, theres also coinopexpress and filmoregames.

JVS to JAMMA convertors, i think Matsu can get these, otherwise

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php ... cts_id=400

is where I got mine from, or you could try Riverservice Japan.

http://www.rs2006.co.jp/
acampero

Post by acampero »

Can you recommend a FAQ for Naomi that covers as much as possible.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Main site?
acampero

Post by acampero »

Got that info. Thanks

How about anywhere else. I checked Gamefaqs and found one that is pretty good as well.

How about a description of the differing Bios? I see the matrix and info, but was wondering if there was a laymans description of that stuff.

Cheers

Arn