Has anyone tried the DIMM upload tool by tmbinc?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Has anyone tried the DIMM upload tool by tmbinc?

Post by OldFoo »

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the triforcetools.py file tmbinc released a while back?. It's meant to work on Naomi as well as Triforce, It's not very practical for uploading games but I was thinking it could be useful for running the dimm update disc to update your Net Dimm to 3.17.

I cannot get to my net dimm board at the moment so haven't been able to try it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Don't know. I don't recall every hearing about it on this forum. :smt102
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The site is down at the moment but there is a cached version here http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:N6 ... clnk&gl=uk save it as .py.

You need python and pycrypto and maybe something else not quite sure.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

works ok if you know what ya doing. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

TonyBolony wrote:works ok if you know what ya doing. ;)

Any pointers?

Step by Step?

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I tried doing this. I downloaded the main program and installed it. It loads the 'py' file and reads it with no problem. However, when I try to run the script it says that something having to do with cryptography is missing. I downloaded an extension file for Python for this purpose, but following the instructions just gives me a syntax error. I haven't been able to go beyond this point and I'm not yet sure how to proceed. :smt102

This is not an 'out of the box' procedure, so you shouldn't think this will be easy. I only tried to get the software running, which says nothing about getting the ROM images or setting up the hardware. :smt100
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

that thing is way too sloooooooooooooooooow for common use...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. Are you referring to the Dreamcast serial dump method of GD's? I've heard that could take 3 hours to complete. The Net boot method transmits as fast as the LAN can get the data to the Dimm. After that, the game runs as it normally would. There's nothing really slow about this.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Fact is the py code sends 32 k bytes at a time and then calculate its CRC.

I tried it, I can assure you it is WAY too slow.