Error 24 GD rom not found

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Error 24 GD rom not found

Post by OldFoo »

Hi I need a little help and couldn't see this error / topic before.

I just got a VF4FT kit from COE ( :smt013 )

I've got it all hooked up in a Naomi Uni cab.

I have another GD setup, so I know is the GD drive that's fecked, just don't know if the laser is burnt out or something. Any ideas?

The following are working

Naomi 2 mobo

Dimm

Cables GD rom it'self

When I hook up the GD drive it;s getting power & the disk is spinning, but Error 24
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

How long did it take you to get your kit? I am at the start of week 3 for the one I ordered.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm... Error 24 does seem to indicate that it cannot read the disc. Is this supposed to be a new GD drive unit? If it is, it's probably defective. If the laser unit is not turning on, it would tell the mobo that there is no disc in the drive. Swapping a laser unit would confirm this. (If you have a spare... :smt012 )
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can use a DC 1 as a cheap replacement.

Coinopexpress :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:You can use a DC 1 as a cheap replacement.

Coinopexpress :smt011

I though you could and I suspect it is the laser. If anything had to be broken, then this is the one thing I would have picked.

Keith Elliott - It took about 3 weeks from paying to arriving at my door. I've learned my lesson with COE, but this kit was just too cheap
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

markedkiller78 wrote:Keith Elliott - It took about 3 weeks from paying to arriving at my door. I've learned my lesson with COE, but this kit was just too cheap

I commend you for calling $335 cheap. :smt005

I don't know how much others sell for, but there is one person selling OEM lasers here--->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=004

Check it out. :smt024
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:
markedkiller78 wrote:Keith Elliott - It took about 3 weeks from paying to arriving at my door. I've learned my lesson with COE, but this kit was just too cheap

I don't know how much others sell for, but there is one person selling OEM lasers here--->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=004

Check it out. :smt024

Thanks for the heads up. I have 2 Pal DC's doing nothing, so I'll attack one of them when I get some spare time.

joshua3dg wrote:

I commend you for calling $335 cheap. :smt005

You have a point there. $355 is a fair bit of cash, but it's all relative. Since getting into Arcade games I've kinda lost the plot whith the value of money.

Thank god my girlfriend doesn't know, but my arcade stuff cost more than my car! :smt011

The Naomi 2 goes for $300 here alone, so I still see it as cheap :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

335.00 is a great price for what you are getting. The last NET.Dimm and drive on ebay went for 350.00. Even ECL has just the Dimm board for 250.00. All in all it was a great deal thats why I bought one.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Keith Elliott wrote:335.00 is a great price for what you are getting. The last NET.Dimm and drive on ebay went for 350.00. Even ECL has just the Dimm board for 250.00. All in all it was a great deal thats why I bought one.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great deal. I just commented as a joke because it is a decent chunk of cash (that I wish I had right now... :smt081)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hardly a great deal if your stuff shows up fucked :smt013