Possible quick fix to Error 02

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Possible quick fix to Error 02

Post by OldFoo »

So I had a drive that I blew out. I switched the power for the GDROM and the I/O board and fried the control board for the drive. So after hunting down a cheap drive on ebay the other day, my father asked me if my dreamcast still worked. Not knowing, my dreamcast power board was blown. Upon taking that apart, I noticed the GDROM board from the DC was IDENTICAL to the one from the Naomi GDROM drive...I swapped out the board and lens assembly and to my suprise...it works! Infact, I think its even quieter then the drive even was! Has anyone else done this before or am I one of the first to discover this (or atleast discuss it). Could save people alot of money since you can find dreamcast consoles all over 100% working for $20-$40...Beats spending almost $200 on a used drive on ebay that you never know if it even works or not
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's good that you were able to discover this on your own, but this information has been know on this forum for quite a while. There are a few discussions scattered around if you start a search and want any additional information. ;)