Monkey Ball with Zombie Revenge panel working and confirmed.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Monkey Ball with Zombie Revenge panel working and confirmed.

Post by OldFoo »

Hello Naomi friends,

There's always been a lot of talk about playing Monkey Ball on an analog Zombie Revenge panel but no-one ever confirmed or showed it working. Finally got round building me an adapter harness to test this matter. (took 10 minutes really)

I chose to build an adapter instead of rewiring the lot because you can easily remove it and still play ZR and Gunspike with your original panel.

I've tested this on my European 'Net City' with a Japanese spec ZR analog panel.

All you need is a ZR panel, Official Sega analogue splitter [NOA-60061] and a home-made adapter harness as pictured below.

Here's a closeup of the analogue splitter loom on the left and the home-made adapter on the right.

Extreme closeup of both 10pin AMP connectors of the adapter loom. The only modification here is the red and yellow wires are crossed on the other end. The black ones are unchanged.

This is how it looks all plugged together. Official Sega analogue splitter loom - Adapter harness - Original Panel wiring

...and hooked up

...and all working like a charm. :)

Cheers, Henk.

Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

a pin out from connector 1 to connector 2 would be handy mate as then if i do evencaly get a copy monkey ball then can make the convtor.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This is great news. I really like your initiative for doing this and make it public with pixx. The same issues goes with rotating a uni monitor. We have the instructions but no one seems to have record every step. So I will soon try to do it myself and record the process.

I got the analog loom today as well and ZR now works like a dream. Monkeyball will be next...

Grreat!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've told people for years that would work.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

And again, that chopped net city looks like something I normally only encounter in my wet dreams ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:I've told people for years that would work.

:D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Added another closeup picture of the adapter. Now you have both ends pictured as reference.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Would a World Series/Dynamite Baseball panel work for this? If so, any mods required to the splitter harness or 26-pin analog harness?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Anyone know the part numbers for the male and female connectors and the pins and sockets and where to get in US?

Thanks

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the jst conectors?