Virtua Tennis issues - rebooting

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yep. In a legit Naomi upright
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Oh poo, haven't a clue then :smt009 i know there are issues with VT when used in conjunction with a capcom I/O in a jamma cab, but sadly have no idea what would cause it in a Naomi cab other than lack of suitable power as i'm assuming the VT is a power hungry cart as its the only one i know has issues while drawing power from a Jamma harness and Capcom I/O.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I measured all of the voltates at the mobo, and the 3.3v, 5v, and 12v lines are reading, respectively: 3.27v, 5.05v, 12.09v

Did this while running MVC 2. One person has told me the voltage on the 3.3v may be low, so I'll probably pull MVC 2 and test the voltage of that line with VT in. Can the voltages be adjusted independently, or will trying to raise the 3.3v line also raise the others (which are a touch high already)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MmSadda wrote:I measured all of the voltates at the mobo, and the 3.3v, 5v, and 12v lines are reading, respectively: 3.27v, 5.05v, 12.09v

Did this while running MVC 2. One person has told me the voltage on the 3.3v may be low, so I'll probably pull MVC 2 and test the voltage of that line with VT in. Can the voltages be adjusted independently, or will trying to raise the 3.3v line also raise the others (which are a touch high already)

With the game running, the ideal voltages should be

5.15V

3.45V

12V

You can adjust the +5V and +3.3V, 12V is locked
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:With the game running, the ideal voltages should be

5.15V

3.45V

12V

You can adjust the +5V and +3.3V, 12V is locked
Good info there. I adjusted my voltages to that and still no luck. I've pretty well concluded that the cart is just dead and will be sending it back.

Thanks!