Sega Triforce refuse to load from GD-ROM

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega Triforce refuse to load from GD-ROM

Post by OldFoo »

Hello guys.

I hope you can help me with little problem that has drive crazy for the last two days.

I have a Sega Triforce Type 3 System (Export) with the following configuration of firmware, boot, etc:

The system has been used for netbooting proposes but I want also to run some games from a GD-Rom unit, then is when the problems start coming out.

The system doesnt care about the connected GD-ROM unit and always try to search a network gateway to start the download process, so I get the usual Error No 34.

I have been playing around with the dipswtiches without any luck, and also open the case in order to assure that all of the internal jumpers are on the correct positions, anyway, no luck so far.

These are a couple of pictures that show the internal jumper configuration, for the dipswitch since I have tried all (I think) possible configuration I only have actived the No 6 to configura the video signal ouput, the rest of them are off.

I have also change the region of the system from the information menu to Japan to match the game region, unplug the battery and remove the Ram Dimm from his socket to prevent any possible previous configuration remains...

And one again, no luck, the system tries over an over to load a game from the net, and doesnt care about the GD Drive, that, by the way, start up and seems to read the disc.

The unit has been tested on other systems without problem as wells as the games an his respectives pics, so the problems must be on the main unit.

Finally, here you can find a little video (sorry about the quality) of the boot process, despiste the actual dipswtich configuration, I have tried all of them...

So folks. Any idea? I completed tired to try and try without any positive result.

Thanks in advance for your help.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The pictures indicate the Triforce is now set to network booting.

First try setting the SW1 DIP on the mainboard (right next to the small riser PCB holding the security chip) to the OFF OFF position.

If that does not help, try changing the jumpers on the top board as follows:

JP1 on position [2,3]

JP2 on position [2,3]

JP3 on position [1,2]
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:The pictures indicate the Triforce is now set to network booting.

First try setting the SW1 DIP on the mainboard (right next to the small riser PCB holding the security chip) to the OFF OFF position.

If that does not help, try changing the jumpers on the top board as follows:

JP1 on position [2,3]

JP2 on position [2,3]

JP3 on position [1,2]

The should be 2 dips on the media board, make both of them off IIRC.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This is the DIP switch I was mentioning (source picture taken from initial thread):

It has two switches that should be set to the OFF position. Is that the same switch you are referring to, Andy? Or should there be another DIP switch somewhere?

..have not got a triforce to check it out.. sold it a while back..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:This is the DIP switch I was mentioning (source picture taken from initial thread):

It has two switches that should be set to the OFF position. Is that the same switch you are referring to, Andy? Or should there be another DIP switch somewhere?

..have not got a triforce to check it out.. sold it a while back..

Yes that's it.

Don't touch the dips on the filterboard
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello guys.

Many thanks for the info, after a couple of test everything the unit has been able to star reading for the GD drive.

Now I get error 01 message from the board at the beggining of the loading process.

I assume that changing the region of the board make me able to load Japaneses tittles like the one I have (Virtus Striker series, etc).

Best regards.