House of the Dead 2 - in standard Naomi Motherboard...

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

House of the Dead 2 - in standard Naomi Motherboard...

Post by OldFoo »

I am getting a House of the Dead 2 setup sent to me. The complete guts. Now can I use the "cart" in a standard Naomi System 1 motherboard or does it need to stay in its barebones stripped down metal case motherboard?

I will be getting the full case, but if I could use the cart in a standard motherboard that would be nice and space saving.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes you can use the cart in a standard Naomi.

But you need to change also the Eprom Bios, because house of the dead 2, uses a special Bios.

You can extract the Eprom bios, from the metal cage, and swap it with the Bios on the Naomi Motherboard, or make a copy of the bios if you have an eprom programmer.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

HOTD2 will only work on the older style mainboards, the newer type the game will not function correctly.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If I use the full older style motherboard can I use a Capcom I/O ?

I am trying to save space...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:If I use the full older style motherboard can I use a Capcom I/O ?

I am trying to save space...

You'll need a dedicated Sega JVS I/O Board, and an IR Type 2 gun board, and IR Type 2 guns to play this game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I am getting the gun I/O board in the deal and I am hoping the JVS I/O as well.

It will not work with a Jamma I/O?

I was hoping to put this in a Jamma cabinet that I have. Do I need to convert the whole cabinet to JVS then?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The guns and bezel are part of the deal as well.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:I am getting the gun I/O board in the deal and I am hoping the JVS I/O as well.

It will not work with a Jamma I/O?

I was hoping to put this in a Jamma cabinet that I have. Do I need to convert the whole cabinet to JVS then?

Might work with a Sega Jamma JVS I/O, but certainly not Capcom.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
Might work with a Sega Jamma JVS I/O, but certainly not Capcom.

The Maze of the Kings standard cab(US) comes with Sega Jamma JVS I/O, so it should work. Grab MoK's standard wiring diagram from http://www.segaarcade.com/pdfs/mazeofki ... iagram.pdf to see how to wire it up.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have a confidential mission cab. Is it the 1st naomi version on it?