House of the Dead 2 - in standard Naomi Motherboard...

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

zitoun wrote:I have a confidential mission cab. Is it the 1st naomi version on it?

Pull off the DIMM unit and look inside, if the board fills the length of the case, it's the first version. If the board doesn't go all the way through the rectangle for the cartridge, it's the new version.

I'm not sure how much these are indicators, as I've only had one of the new versions and a handful of the old, but the new version I have has several jumpers visible in cart opening, whereas the old has only one. Also, the new version doesn't have the stackable connectors, which means there are gaps around the connectors the cartridge plugs into.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

By the way I got the board today and it booted up fine. I had it hooked up to a standard res monitor to test. It played 2 of the image.

Hopefully this weekend I will get a medium Resolution monitor set up.....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tom61 wrote:
zitoun wrote:I have a confidential mission cab. Is it the 1st naomi version on it?

Pull off the DIMM unit and look inside, if the board fills the length of the case, it's the first version. If the board doesn't go all the way through the rectangle for the cartridge, it's the new version.

I'm not sure how much these are indicators, as I've only had one of the new versions and a handful of the old, but the new version I have has several jumpers visible in cart opening, whereas the old has only one. Also, the new version doesn't have the stackable connectors, which means there are gaps around the connectors the cartridge plugs into.

I'm gonna take a look asap :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:By the way I got the board today and it booted up fine. I had it hooked up to a standard res monitor to test. It played 2 of the image.

Hopefully this weekend I will get a medium Resolution monitor set up.....

You want a 31k not 25k monitor, does this not support 15 then?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It did not support 15k.

I set the dip switch to 15k and that is how I got the 2 images.

I guess I keep thinking it would use medium resolution, but if it is high res then I will have to use something else......
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:It did not support 15k.

I set the dip switch to 15k and that is how I got the 2 images.

I guess I keep thinking it would use medium resolution, but if it is high res then I will have to use something else......

Yeah your monitor has to support 31k, i have a HOTD 2 board myself and have never tried to get it to run in 15k, just wondered if it did.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A computer LCD should work then I am guessing.....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:A computer LCD should work then I am guessing.....

Yeah man, should be ok.