House of the Dead 2 - Questions....

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

House of the Dead 2 - Questions....

Post by OldFoo »

I got the guts of a House of the Dead 2.

The only thing missing is a 12 pin Molex that connects the Gun I/O to the main I/O.

I am guessing that this cable is a US thing.

The seller forgot to include it. I am working with him to get it sent to me.

Barring this minor set-back. I have a question about the sensors:

I will have to make a new Bezel for the IR sensors - is the spacing between the sensors specific?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Has anyone used a Computer LCD to run HOTD2 ?

Any problems with the 16x9 screens?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:Has anyone used a Computer LCD to run HOTD2 ?

Any problems with the 16x9 screens?

Well there'd be an accuracy problem unless you got the screen sensors correct.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I guess that goes back to my earlier question.

Since I am guessing that the same sensor hardware is used for both the deluxe and upright cabinet - the sensors must be scalable.

What are the critical distances for the sensors - the distance between sensors, or the distance from the edge of the screen, or both?

I am guessing it will be some trial and error.

In Japan and Europe I am guessing that this game was put into a Naomi Universal or candy cabinet.

I have a New Net City - I am thinking of getting a tri-res chassis for it and running the game in that cabinet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

As long as they're spaced out evenly across the screen they should be ok, just set up in the options.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lindbergh's have an option of screen size 29/DX but i don't think HOTD2 does they pick each other up though so unless your screens too big (bigger than a DX )they should be fine.
OldFoo

Re: House of the Dead 2 - Questions....

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote: I have a question about the sensors:

I will have to make a new Bezel for the IR sensors - is the spacing between the sensors specific?

I've put a 42" LCD in a Ghost Squad and it works fine - just out of interest I tried a 19" LCD TV and once calibrated that played fine too.

In ours the sensors were in the original bezel - we were going to cut down the bezel to match the proportion of the new screen but it doesn't matter.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sweet, Nice to know

I am going to try a VGA to CGA converter this week to see if I can use a standard 25" arcade monitor.

If that does not work I am going to look to put a 25" LCD in the cabinet and maybe even hook up a PS3 in there as well....

I am looking into options for the bezel this week as well.

I may make an almost exact copy of the top and bottom of the bezel and just craft some new side pieces to fit in the cabinet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

moloch wrote:I am going to try a VGA to CGA converter this week to see if I can use a standard 25" arcade monitor.

Can't you put Dip Switch 1 on the filter board to 'off' to output in 15kHz, like on a regular Naomi?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I tried that and I just saw 2 of the images. It was not quite perfectly 2 but pretty close.

I will test again Thursday night when I can work on it.....