(prob set for nett booting etc)

i copied dimm jumper settings from my original or2 sp machines

the problem is solved

did not touch wiring or any thing
OldFoo

OR2 SP PROBS

Post by OldFoo »

Ordyne wrote:Changed all which caps?

If you have had error 02 there is a fault on the board... also swaping a psu is a silly thing to do, get the meter out and test it.

i always on all my chihiro changed the 3 or 5 big caps on base board

and also changed caps in all psu, meter reading was fine, but sometimes can be leaky caps, as them psu very old now
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You wouldnt get error 02 with those jumpers set to anyting that works for net booting or dimm..
Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Not if your running it on the correct PSU, the naomi PSU is underated for running a chihiro board.

I presume you mean the core board as the base board doesn't have any big caps on it or suffer fron any problems with caps. If you are changing the caps on the core board with regular caps you wont be gaining anything as they aren't good enough to do the job, same with the PSU. You shouldn't need to do it on all core boards, there is only one type of core board which had problems with the caps and they don't all suffer from it, probably down to poor/bad fans in the machines cooking them. The only real problem cap is the memory cap.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ordyne wrote:You wouldnt get error 02 with those jumpers set to anyting that works for net booting or dimm..

He's right if the jumpers are wrong on the dimm you'll get a gateway not found error or an invalid memory error - either way the game will not run.
OldFoo

OR2 SP PROBS

Post by OldFoo »

i was getting error o2 on machie as it come without touching anything?

the freezing problem was there without any error 02

just freezing randomly on start of race

the big caps on board are all corroded from the boards from japan