Naomi Card Reader use on an Super Neo Cab

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi Card Reader use on an Super Neo Cab

Post by OldFoo »

Hi...i am an Rooki here....in this Forum...

But i have a question...

Give it a chance to use a Naomi Card Reader with my Super Neo Cab???

A friend sayed i need the I/O Board from the Sega Naomi Cab to connect the Card Reader but i dont know??

I need it with my VF Evolution and Final Tuned...

Thanks very much for your help...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The card reader connects directly to the front of the Naomi. It does not need any other I/O boards. :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi thanks for your answer joshua3dg...

Also can i use the Card Reader with my Super Neo 29...must not the Card Reader connect also with an Cable with the Naomi Cab I/O Board??Just connect with the Naomi Board...

A friend say tha Card Reader not works with a normal I/O Board...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Do you have a Card Reader in a other Cab??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have 2 different types of card readers. According to the Sega wiring diagrams, both types just connect straight to the Naomi. No other boards are necessary or required. I think the only time this actually mattered is if you are using Derby Owner's Club. For some reason which I've yet to figure out, the card reader used an additional converter board to connect. This may be what your friend was referring to.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok thank you very much...

What is then the different with the too card readers do you have??Ithink it give just one...

When i buy an card reader panel with cables must then i order the additional converter sepperatly??

Do you know where i can order and buy the card reader complett for use with my Super Neo Cab??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

One type is mounted to a one player control panel. The other is the 'automatic' type found on games like Initial D and Virtua Fighter 4 that dispense cards. No converters are necessary. The automatic type is way too expensive to just buy (like $1500-$2000).
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok thanks very much...

The one card reader you write i know it...but the two you write is new for me...yes the automatic is really very expensive...

Are the data cards from VF 4 Final Tuned and Evo the same??,or need i the speciell card for both gamez??

Do you know where can i order the normaly card reader with cables and with data cards for both gamez ready to connect and use them??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can find all the associated hardware at www.coinopexpress.com. Although they show the the game as a complete set, you can request the panel itself (no harm in asking).

Virtua Fighter 4 and Final Tuned use different card sets and are sold separately. The website I mentioned also has the cards for both, but sell them in boxes of 200. :smt012

Before trying this website, I will pm you an e-mail address that you can send a message with what you want. This person has fair prices and, if he has it, will sell you whatever quantity of cards you want.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok thank you... ;) :D