Picking up a few ID V3's and need to know what look for...

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Picking up a few ID V3's and need to know what look for...

Post by OldFoo »

I am picking up at least 2 Intial D V'3 and I am told from the op that they all had different problems, which is why he pulled them from location... I am pretty much buying them as is where is so I can't go in and tinker with them or else the price goes up if they work. But I do want to make sure it has all the necessary parts with it, so if anyone had any pictures of the internals of these machines that would be great to look at. Also, if worst comes to worst, what are they worth parted out?? What do fully working machines typically go for these days??

Another question is I saw on Ebay someone had a complete setup hooked up to what looked like an LCD screen or something like that. Now is this a possible option if the monitors are completely shot??

Thanks a lot!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

All versions of InitialD (1-3) use the same hardware, so you can take a look at the operator's manual and use it as a reference. Here are the official manual PDF's -->InitialD v3 manuals<--.

In answer to your second question, they do sell LCD replacement monitors for arcade cabinets. Don't expect them to be cheap, though. They can easily go for $400. :smt095
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can fit a normal LCD in there, the Naomi inside them can output VGA. Also, many consumer LCDs can take 15kHz RGB anyway.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:In answer to your second question, they do sell LCD replacement monitors for arcade cabinets. Don't expect them to be cheap, though. They can easily go for $400. :smt095

Sega has an offical kit, GBP595:

http://www.sega-amusements.co.uk/node/356
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So I got them today, and I find out three of the four machines are missing the discs... problem number one. The first one I plug in comes on, reads the only disc I have, and gets stuck at the searching for network prompt in the upper left of the screen, but doesn't get past that part. Is there a dip switch setting I can switch to bypass the second unit for now? The monitor on the second comes on but nothing on the screen right now, I'm getting neck glow though... any reccomendations??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OK I got the one to work, now I'm waiting to get the discs for the other three, how much do the discs run??? I have the security chips...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

8bitnintendo wrote:OK I got the one to work, now I'm waiting to get the discs for the other three, how much do the discs run??? I have the security chips...

Shame three are missing the discs, especially if they're version 3! iD1 discs can be had for around ?40, check out http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/theshed/default.asp but iD3 discs are harder to come by and much more expensive. I know of a couple of people selling discs (with chips) and they're about ?140-150 each..

Can't you go back to the seller and ask if he has the discs stashed somewhere?

edit: where are you located?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If you have the security chips, and the ones without discs have net-enabled dimm boards, you can upload the game to them using sega's tool transfergame.exe. Not sure, but I think this is what may have been done originally since you are getting a network error instead of a GD-ROM error.

If you do choose to upload the games instead of getting ahold of the discs, you may have to replace the battery pack in the dimm units. The battery keeps the game from being erased from memory when the machine is turned off. You SHOULD be able to take the battery pack out and bring it to a local battery store like Batteries Plus and they SHOULD be able to custom make a replacement pack for you on the spot.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have an email to the op I got them from, I know he has a ton of GD ROM units, and 3 or four more pairs of ID3's, so he said he would look for them, he is usually pretty good about that kind of stuff... I am in Northern California...