New guy here looking to learn have a few? ID3 cab

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

New guy here looking to learn have a few? ID3 cab

Post by OldFoo »

Hey guys and girls,

My name is Brandon and I have a chance to purchase a solo ID3 cab that was a twin but parted out. The cab is said to contain all but power cable, filter, fuse, card reader and side panels. Everything else is accounted for and ready to go. My questions are after doing some research all the electrical pieces missing are not expensive but the card reader is like $250-300 that almost as much as I can pickup the cab for. My project would be to restore it to a working ID3 solo player with card reader with out that it would be pointless. So what are your guys opionions would it be worth restoring so I could play ID1/2/3 then look at picking up a chihiro and also play wangan midnight?

Has anyone seperated a twin unit and made it a solo? If so can you offer advise on the power situation?

I have the ability to pickup this cab as it is for around ~$500 is it worth it?

Thanks in advance guys looking to learn all I can before I decide to get it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello Brandon,

To anwser your question recarding (if its worth it )purchaseing the ID machine at the price written i would say Yes due to the fact that the machine ( as i understand from you post) still has the midi servo board installed wich would be worth the asking price alone.

Don't know about the price of new side panels though.

Recarding Wangan, im afraid you won't get much joy out of that game without the cardreader as after around 50 plays it will ask you to renew your card. there is also the standard issues of no force feedback ect.

Welcome to the forum.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Alukid wrote:Hello Brandon,

To anwser your question recarding (if its worth it )purchaseing the ID machine at the price written I would say Yes due to the fact that the machine ( as I understand from you post) still has the midi servo board installed wich would be worth the asking price alone.

Don't know about the price of new side panels though.

Recarding Wangan, im afraid you won't get much joy out of that game without the cardreader as after around 50 plays it will ask you to renew your card. there is also the standard issues of no force feedback ect.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your reply yea after some reading playing wangan on an ID cab no force feedback and the shifter doesn't work correct? Oh well I think I'm still going to pick it up just for the ID games. Hopefully I can meet up with the Guy soon ill let you guys know and get pics up when I get it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok so found a card reader but sans the enclosure anyone know where to get the enclosure? Also anyone know of a supplier for the side panels?