Guilty Gear X cartridge problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello everyone,

Long time that I haven't been around here. I cant get my Guilty Gear cartridge to work. I just get a blank screen. I am pretty sure it use to work just fine. The game has been in storage for like 2 years or so. Is there a particular Rom that the MB needs or something? The Sega Serial # is BCAE-01A1633 if that helps. I hope someone can lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

I did a rom check on the cartridge and all are good except the IC22 32M reads nothing just ----- but IC 1 to 14 are all good.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

According to the BIOS list, you need a US or Japan BIOS; Export won't work.

How long did you wait at the blank screen? My Death Crimson OX board sits at a blank screen for a fair bit before starting up.

You may also need to clear the RAM on the Naomi, or pull its battery if you've been playing other games on it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Like Tom said, some Naomi games take a while to show anything after the boot screen. I'm pretty sure my Virtua Tennis shows nothing for about 15~30 seconds or so before showing the disclaimer.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hello everyone

I cleared the ram and tinkered with the cartridge a little bit and got the game to work. Thank you so much for your advise. This is really a pretty cool game. Thanks to everyone and wish everyone a great weekend.