Card Reader Issues

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Card Reader Issues

Post by OldFoo »

I have 2 card readers that work just fine with Initial D games. When I pop in a Club Kart cart into the mobo it won't start the game unless I disable the card reader. It will not initialize the reader in the test menu either, says communication error.

I assume the wiring is the same for all games. Are there different card reader for different games? I see a ROM on the card reader, can that be replaced to work in my Club Kart?

Thanks for any assistance! :)
OldFoo

Re: Card Reader Issues

Post by OldFoo »

NickH wrote:I have 2 card readers that work just fine with Initial D games. When I pop in a Club Kart cart into the mobo it won't start the game unless I disable the card reader. It will not initialize the reader in the test menu either, says communication error.

I assume the wiring is the same for all games. Are there different card reader for different games? I see a ROM on the card reader, can that be replaced to work in my Club Kart?

Club Kart uses an older style card reader with older firmware.
OldFoo

Re: Card Reader Issues

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
NickH wrote:I have 2 card readers that work just fine with Initial D games. When I pop in a Club Kart cart into the mobo it won't start the game unless I disable the card reader. It will not initialize the reader in the test menu either, says communication error.

Club Kart uses an older style card reader with older firmware.
This interest me too....

So it's just an eprom change into the ID reader or you've to change all the card reader to have club kart using it??