6 button layout

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

6 button layout

Post by OldFoo »

Just had a quick question and that is do I need to do something special to set up a 6 button layout? I bought my cabinet with Zombie Revenge in it and it of course uses 3 buttons, well I bought several other 3 button games and they work perfectly. I recently bought Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and through testing I found only 3 of the button switches register (both punches and one assist). There are 6 button switches for each player so I am confused on what to do next.When I press the other switches nothing registers, do I need to do something special to set up a fighing layout?
OldFoo

Re: 6 button layout

Post by OldFoo »

scrubsy wrote:Just had a quick question and that is do I need to do something special to set up a 6 button layout? I bought my cabinet with Zombie Revenge in it and it of course uses 3 buttons, well I bought several other 3 button games and they work perfectly. I recently bought Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and through testing I found only 3 of the button switches register (both punches and one assist). There are 6 button switches for each player so I am confused on what to do next.When I press the other switches nothing registers, do I need to do something special to set up a fighing layout?

If you are using a JAMMA interface then most likely the 4-6 buttons will not be connected. It depends on the type of I/O though. On Capcom I/Os you can wire these up to the kick harness connector, and the JVS board can be wired to the 60-pin harness. Not sure about others though,