What I/O do I need for Crazy Taxi

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

What I/O do I need for Crazy Taxi

Post by OldFoo »

Hey guys new to Naomi but I read a lot on this site and I think I have it pretty much figured out. I just have 1 issue I'm not sure of.

What I/O board do I need for crazy taxi? It's going into my outrun cab for now and from what I can tell the controls are pretty much the same. I might have to do a little something for the shifter but the rest is the same.

I really like the capcom I/O because it amplifies the speakers and powers the Naomi unit off the jamma harness but I know it does nothing for driving controls. can I use the capcom I/O with another I/O taking care of the driving controls? or does the driving controls I/O have to be used alone and I need to get a power supply that can provide the 3.3v and have to use an audio amp?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Did some research and this is what I found incase anybody else looks for this information.

need:

original sega JVS I/O to connect all the driving controls

Sound amp to amplify the speakers

Power supply capable of 3.3v to power everything

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or add some information
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I don't think the Capcom I/O can be used for analog controls. If you get the original 'SUN' power supply, then you will not need 'separate' power supplies. Although Sega has their own amp board, any sound amplifier will do. Naomi outputs sound via RCA stereo jacks.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks I got a original Sun 3.3v power supply, JVS I/O for analog controls, and a Naomi amp. just gotta wait for it all to arrive in the mail!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MKplayer1start wrote:Thanks I got a original Sun 3.3v power supply, JVS I/O for analog controls, and a Naomi amp. just gotta wait for it all to arrive in the mail!

Wiring for the shifter is different, the rest should be the same and plug and play.

If you have problems let me know, I have a Crazy Taxi cab so i might be of help to make pictures of wiring or something.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jiggymf wrote:
MKplayer1start wrote:Thanks I got a original Sun 3.3v power supply, JVS I/O for analog controls, and a Naomi amp. just gotta wait for it all to arrive in the mail!

Wiring for the shifter is different, the rest should be the same and plug and play.

If you have problems let me know, I have a Crazy Taxi cab so I might be of help to make pictures of wiring or something.

Thanks I might take you up on that offer. I know the shifter is gonna be an issue. When I get all my stuff I will look have a better idea
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm just a pm away :)