Sega Naomi cab to run jamma boards

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega Naomi cab to run jamma boards

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

looking for some help, i have a sega naomi cabinet all wired up for sega naomi boards,

what do i need to do so i can change this set up to use jamma boards inside the naomi cabinet, please can you tell me the part names etc, do i also need a different monitor and would the cabinet play sounds from the boards etc

Thanks in advance
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

1st solution

If you want to keep your cab on jvs, you have to buy that kind of adaptor.

Jvs to jamma from namco

http://www.google.be/imgres?q=namco+jvs ... 29,r:0,s:0

Take a look at the back of your monitor . If you have a tri sync chassis on it you don't need anything else.

Second Solution:

Remove all the jvs stuff , buy a jamma connector then wire all the pin to your pannel + buy a video convertor , this one gonna convert the 15khz into 31khz

(http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cga-eg ... fAodUj_uRg)

;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for getting back to me,

any idea where i can get a Jvs to jamma from namco from, and will the sound still come through
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yahoo japan is the best way to find this adaptor .

The sound goes through the adaptor then you plug an rca to your naomi 2ch amp ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, I'm in the same boat, I don't want to keep any of the jvs stuff, I got the cab to run CPS2 in, but could I use the power supply/amp thats already in the cab?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

elkhorn, if you get a capcom I/O for the NAOMI for a cartridge setup, the NAOMI and CPS2 will basically be interchangeable. Just change over the JAMMA harness and kick harness. If you need a GD ROM setup you will need another power supply or you'll need to reconfigure the power supply.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Soon I'll be selling Jamma conversion looms for Naomi cabinets to allow Jamma boards to play.

They'll be a lot cheaper than the RiverService one.
OldFoo

hello

Post by OldFoo »

andy are you getting anymore of these looms ? it says sold out in your store ........
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Franco's making some and has an order page over at Arcade Otaku, I think he is making them in batches of 10, I got in quite late and im number 27 I think he may well stop at 30 so might need to get your order in quickly.

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

dude i just joined the site and i cant see the for sale page , maybe i can just pm him and make an order whats his actual nick ? frank ?

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

do you have him email address if so please pm me with it

cheers