Installing capcom i/o

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Installing capcom i/o

Post by OldFoo »

I was previously using the sega i/o in my cabinet and I wanted to switch to the capcom i/o for its ease of use, well I bought it and hooked it up the way shown in diagrams and I get nothing. Basically all I am asking for is how do I hook up the jamma voltage wires to the power supply? Does anyone have a picture? Everything I have read about the capcom i/o is that the power comes from the jamma wire, to the i/o then powering the Naomi.
Last edited by OldFoo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

try powering the naomi mobo by itself, also, are you sure that everything in the jamma harness is wired together right? like if you put any other jamma based pcb in will it play? try to multimeter the 5 volt and make sure its true 5v. good luck.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If I hook up the power to the naomi instead of connecting it to the i/o I can hear the naomi chime, but no picture since there is still no power going to the capcom then. My 5v and other power ones on the jamma aren't hooked up to anything since as I said, I used the sega i/o before and it got power straight from the power adapter. So I am guessing I need to hook the 5+ or 5- from the jamma harness up to something, just not sure what.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Basically all I am asking for is how do I hook up the jamma voltage wires to the power supply? Does anyone have a picture? Everything I have read about the capcom i/o is that the power comes from the jamma wire, to the i/o then powering the Naomi.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You -can- power the I/O and naomi separately. If you do this, disconnect the power cord that goes from the capcom I/O to the NAOMI.

In short, all you need to do is power the JAMMA harness as you would for any JAMMA game, and that will power the I/O itself. At that point, -either- hook the power cord between the I/O and NAOMI, or power the NAOMI with it's own PSU.

if you need pictures I can probably take a few.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Basically all I am asking for is how can I hook up the jamma voltage wires in the direction of energy supply? Does anybody possess a picture? every little thing I have look at concerning the capcom I/o could be the reality the fact that energy arrives through the jamma wire, in the direction of I/o then powering the Naomi.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This shows the normal power supply wired to JAMMA (Front of capcom IO). The cord coming from the back of the capcom IO can go to the naomi. In this picture, that cord is unplugged and the NAOMI gets its power from it's own supply (the one on the left)