Konami DDR cab measurements

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Konami DDR cab measurements

Post by OldFoo »

Hey guys,

Not that I'm expecting much help, but would anyone know what the sizes of various components are for DDR? I had a quick look about but found nothing of help. Really I want to focus on the size of the Neons and the header assembelly.

Reason being I'm trying to make a sort of scale mock up for LEDs to go in and light with MAME Hooker, but I wanna be accurate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Re: Konami DDR cab measurements

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:Hey guys,

Not that I'm expecting much help, but would anyone know what the sizes of various components are for DDR? I had a quick look about but found nothing of help. Really I want to focus on the size of the Neons and the header assembelly.

Reason being I'm trying to make a sort of scale mock up for LEDs to go in and light with MAME Hooker, but I wanna be accurate.

If you could be specific about parts I can go and measure mine for you. I assume you mean a doubles cabinet? I can do a solo cabinet for you as well but I am not going to measure every little piece so a list of needed bits would be necessary.
OldFoo

Re: Konami DDR cab measurements

Post by OldFoo »

DragonMinded wrote:
NaokiS wrote:Hey guys,

If you could be specific about parts I can go and measure mine for you. I assume you mean a doubles cabinet? I can do a solo cabinet for you as well but I am not going to measure every little piece so a list of needed bits would be necessary.

Yes, I mean the doubles cab.

I'd be crap explaining what I wanted, so I made an image to see if it helped. I know there's a curve in the front of the header, but I can work it out from the length measurements.

This and the width of the Bass Neon..

I'd be so gratefull if you could help. Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have taken measurements for you this morning. Pardon the inches, that's what my country sells measuring devices in. Your marquee side detail was incorrect, it has a slightly leaned forward shape that I have hopefully captured with enough detail below (however for a front only display it might not matter). Similarly with the speaker mounts. I hope the picture is self-explanatory.

EDIT: I realize I missed the wide part of the marquee side angle where the two curved pieces meet. It is 10 1/8" wide back to front.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DragonMinded wrote:I have taken measurements for you this morning. Pardon the inches, that's what my country sells measuring devices in. Your marquee side detail was incorrect, it has a slightly leaned forward shape that I have hopefully captured with enough detail below (however for a front only display it might not matter). Similarly with the speaker mounts. I hope the picture is self-explanatory.

EDIT: I realize I missed the wide part of the marquee side angle where the two curved pieces meet. It is 10 1/8" wide back to front.

Yeah I know the Marqee is angled, not what I intend to replicate.

Also, I really appreciate and am gratefull for your help, but it appears there's a slight image hitch ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. Thanks very much

EDIT2: Oh wow I never realized how big that thing was :smt005 I haven't seen one of these cabs in ages. BTW, themeasurement for the bottom on the front view, is that that whole marqee including lamps/speakers or just the picture? Also I'm a little confused by the neon measurement..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:EDIT2: Oh wow I never realized how big that thing was :smt005 I haven't seen one of these cabs in ages. BTW, themeasurement for the bottom on the front view, is that that whole marqee including lamps/speakers or just the picture? Also I'm a little confused by the neon measurement..

The 28 1/2" measurement is end to end on the marquee only, not including any lights or speakers. It is big (about 40 lbs). I didn't know what you wanted measured on the neon, so I just took the diameter of it. Center to center means that i didn't measure from the outside of the neons or the inside of the neons, just the very center of the neon glass as if it was an infinitely thin circle.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DragonMinded wrote:
NaokiS wrote:EDIT2: Oh wow I never realized how big that thing was :smt005 I haven't seen one of these cabs in ages. BTW, themeasurement for the bottom on the front view, is that that whole marqee including lamps/speakers or just the picture? Also I'm a little confused by the neon measurement..

The 28 1/2" measurement is end to end on the marquee only, not including any lights or speakers. It is big (about 40 lbs). I didn't know what you wanted measured on the neon, so I just took the diameter of it. Center to center means that I didn't measure from the outside of the neons or the inside of the neons, just the very center of the neon glass as if it was an infinitely thin circle.

Ah right. Yeah the header curve is a little awkward without the width and the light/speaker placing is a little awkward too, but thanks for all the help.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:
DragonMinded wrote:

The 28 1/2" measurement is end to end on the marquee only, not including any lights or speakers. It is big (about 40 lbs). I didn't know what you wanted measured on the neon, so I just took the diameter of it. Center to center means that I didn't measure from the outside of the neons or the inside of the neons, just the very center of the neon glass as if it was an infinitely thin circle.

Ah right. Yeah the header curve is a little awkward without the width and the light/speaker placing is a little awkward too, but thanks for all the help.

I gave that in an edit, its 10 1/8" back to front. Also, I see what you mean on the image hitch, let me add this site to the whitelist (whoops).