Problem with Sega JVS board 837-13551-92

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Problem with Sega JVS board 837-13551-92

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I have a problem with a sega jvs-board 837-13551-92. Can?t get it to work, I connected it but the screen only says "jamma i/o not found".

Only one of the led lights up (the one nearest the +5V), so there is probably something broken on the board but what? Is it possible to fix?

I have measured the voltages and i have 5.13 and 11.89V so power getting to the board.

Regards
OldFoo

Re: Problem with Sega JVS board 837-13551-92

Post by OldFoo »

lindholm wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with a sega jvs-board 837-13551-92. Can?t get it to work, I connected it but the screen only says "jamma I/o not found".

Only one of the led lights up (the one nearest the +5V), so there is probably something broken on the board but what? Is it possible to fix?

I have measured the voltages and I have 5.13 and 11.89V so power getting to the board.

Regards

Do you hear a "click" when power is applied? If not the I/O board isn't functioning and could be to do with a short in the harness wires. Disconect all cables but the 5V power and see if it starts up ok (with a click)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for yout advice, but unfortunately no "click" when I start up it with only the 5v connected. So it seems like it's broken :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

lindholm wrote:Thanks for yout advice, but unfortunately no "click" when I start up it with only the 5v connected. So it seems like it's broken :smt010

Pretty much, that or the IC has failed which can stop it working. There's replacement chips, but betteroff gettinga new I/O board
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have cheeked some prices online and it seem like a replacement IC is almost the same price as a new I/O board, so better to get the hole thing.

Does it have to be exact the same I/O-board or will also other versions work?

Regards
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

lindholm wrote:I have cheeked some prices online and it seem like a replacement IC is almost the same price as a new I/O board, so better to get the hole thing.

Does it have to be exact the same I/O-board or will also other versions work?

Regards

Best to use the same board.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok, thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I took your advice and purchased a replacement bord just like the one i had before, and now my 18 wheeler works :)

Just have to put all the parts together and I?ll have one of the coolest arcade cabb there is (in my opinion, thats why i bought it), love the look of the cabinett and also the game itself.

Thanks for your advices