Monitor problem .......

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Monitor problem .......

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all!

I have a problem with the display on the monitor of my "naomi universal" cabinet and I hope you can help me with it; on the video listed the issue is perfectly visible; basically, when playing with normal settings (as in the beginning and and of the video itself) white color on the screen is kinda faded, and only if I set brightness and contrast values to minimum (as at second 0:09 of the video) I can get a proper results with graphic performance.

Anyone experienced something like this before? Any suggestion on how to fix this?

video: http://youtu.be/ChOu2g3jmSs

Find attached a picture of the board of the monitor.

Cheers!

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

maybe the problem is the sync signal distortion,you can try to use another D-sub 15 pin RGB cable,or try to connect on the PC ,set resolution 640X480 60Hz(use original cable),debug the problem!!

if isn't work,maybe your system PSU is not stable,test +5VDC,+12VDC and +3.3VDC,the tolerate value control on +-10%,maybe the GD-ROM speed up the disc cause the Voltage Drop!!

BTW,check the CRT voltage,maybe isn't on the rating range!!(e.g using 100VAC,so use the transformer adapter to the local voltage!)

Hope it's helpful!! :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thank you.

i solved the problem.

the monitor's "focus" trimmer was not calibrated