How can I set the Monitor Frequency from 31khz to 15khz?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

How can I set the Monitor Frequency from 31khz to 15khz?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I have Blastcity Cabinet with a Toshiba Monitor A68LBT696X4I ans Sanwa Electronics.

Actually, the frequency setting of my monitor are on 31KHz .

I need to change those settings to 15KHz, ideal resolution for 2d games.

Can you please give me a detailed process of what to do to change the setting?

Thanks in advance!

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Could you sort it out yet? This isent an original Blastcity tube, could it be that it is 31khz only? can you post a pic of the monitor's controlpanel?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

typically you don't set a monitor for refresh rate. Normally it'll either accept the signal or it won't. a lot of newer monitors just don't accept anything below the 31KHz. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (seriously, that isn't sarcastic).

yours should auto detect:

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_ ... 13254.html

http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/produc ... 372-1.html

"H.Frequency: 3-mode (15/24/31khz), auto"
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It "can" autodetect, this depends on the chassis in usage, if it dosent you should be able to set the freqency manually on the CP of the Chassis. Otherwise it' a chassis designed for only 31khz BUT compatible with the Tube, because the Tube can manage trisync. Plz try to post a Pic of the CP.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check the remote board for the monitor under the CP. I have a Blast as well. If you do not have the digital chassis (with On Screen Display), there will be a small dipswitch under the CP, on the remote board for the monitor (on which you set contrast, H-sync, etc). It is on the right of the small PCB, and there should be a sticker in the bottom half of the CP telling you how to set the dipswitch for 15k.

The Blast city cabs all have a tri-sync chassis (MS2930 or MS2931)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ah, the monitor (or at least the chassis) is not original anymore, as you can see from the mismatch in the schematic versus the remote board.

Most probably a 31khz-only screen, meaning you cannot switch to 15khz. Someone here might recognize the specific Sanwa chassis and have more info. I don't :-)

If nobody chimes in, contact Craig at giz10p.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:Ah, the monitor (or at least the chassis) is not original anymore, as you can see from the mismatch in the schematic versus the remote board.

Most probably a 31khz-only screen, meaning you cannot switch to 15khz. Someone here might recognize the specific Sanwa chassis and have more info. I don't :-)

If nobody chimes in, contact Craig at giz10p.

thank you ;)
wnai

Re: How can I set the Monitor Frequency from 31khz to 15khz?

Post by wnai »

i acquired a blast city yesterday with the same chasis.

it will show video that comes in over a jamma harness from the original taito X2, but it will not show video that is coming in directly via the VGA port.

any ideas?