DOC Master/Client System

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

DOC Master/Client System

Post by OldFoo »

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting to a forum and setting up a Sega Naomi System and of course I choose the most complicated.

I have been putting together a DOC Master/Client system. I have most parts for the system.

I have upgraded the Master System by replacing both cartridges according to the DOC CVT manual from DOC Rev. C to Rev. D.

The Client is also running the Rev. D cart.

So far I have the Master and 1 Client working together and both boot up properly. I can read and write cards from the Client; Play the horse created or previously created in the race from the Client. The only exception is that it does not show the gate prior to the start of the race.

Here is my problem and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

The Master System seems to run properly except for the some glitches. I have pics of the problems occurring. 1) When the race is about to start the #1 horse does not have a name and usually in the dead center of the track not moving when the race starts (in most races). 2) The other horses have "(NULL)" after them and/or repeat of the same names of other horses. 3) When the race starts you only see 3 horses in the gate and run the race. 4) The fourth through twelfth place jockey caps in the top green bar stay in a vertical line and the first through third move back and forth according to their positions while the #1 horse is still in the infield. It does seem that the "(NULL)" horses get replaced with repeat names.

I do not know if this is because I only have one client running but I thought I read in this forum that is was possible.

Master System has a 21577 G Bios.

Client has a 21577 D Bios.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Here is the Pics in no particular order.

http://sdrv.ms/L3Dext