Hooking up analogue controls to jamma?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Hooking up analogue controls to jamma?

Post by OldFoo »

I have a sega new astro city and since its a jamma set up im wondering how would i go about wiring up steering controls to a naomi? it seems you have to wire up the analogue controls to a jvs panel or something but obviously since i dont have a naomi cab i dont have that board,id also be interested in hooking a gun up at some point.

Anyone else ran into this problem?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

JAMMA standard = digital controls.

If you want analogue control, you'll need a JVS I/O to hook to the NAOMI, instead of a JAMMA I/O.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Isnt it possible to connect it to jamma,and use this jvs i/o board seperately to get my analogue controls.

i dont know anything about the jvs i/o but im hoping i just connect the usb controls to it and im able to tap into the analog controls from their?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Normally to hook a NAOMI to a JAMMA cabinet you would use the capcom I/O or maybe the sega JAMMA I/O. Neither of those will allow you any anaolgue control, and they'll take up your "USB" port (it's not really actually USB, but it's the same plug). Don't plug any normal "USB" device into the NAOMI, only an I/O Board. Controls have to go through an I/O board.

Are you sure your astro city is wired down to JAMMA? That seems kind of strange to me. You could always re-wire it.

Anyway if you need analogue control you will need to use a JVS I/O of some sort. You can always wire the video and sound straight to the NAOMI itself (audio depends on if you have an audio amp or what not) instead of through the I/O. That way the I/O is really only handing control input, coin mech, etc.

Perhaps if you say what game you are trying to install and how the cabinet is currently wired I or someone else could help more.