Dead Powersupply?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Dead Powersupply?

Post by OldFoo »

I recently hooked up a remote power switch so i wouldn't have to pull out the arcade machines when i wanted to use them... turns out the switch was only for 1000w max... and now my chihiro and noami machines aren't turning on... i diagnosed it to the power supply. everything else turns on like the marquee lights and stuff but everything else is dead. the LEDs on the power supply dont turn on. I find it strange that they both are fucked up after plugging them in to the remote power switch.

I removed the power supplies and they are both filthy, i cleaned them out and i noticed that one of them had a locked up fan. I noticed that the fuzes have like a paper inside them so i cant tell if they are blown or not... any help would be greatly appreciated.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Get a multi meter and check for continuity accross the fuse if it beeps it should be fine.

If you get no beep you probably need to change it
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Both of the PS have good fuzes... they also both had seized up fans (i replaced them with working fans today.) still not getting any juice to them when i power them on... any more help would be greatly appreciated! id hate to have to buy to Power supplies!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I can sell you working power supplies that have fans dead. 20?/unit.

:smt020

-Nico
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

40? Shipped and you got a deal! broken fans are ok but i really need to make sure that the power supplies are in working order and clean please. any way i can get some pictures.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

pm'd
OldFoo

Re: Dead Powersupply?

Post by OldFoo »

DJMOJO wrote:I recently hooked up a remote power switch so I wouldn't have to pull out the arcade machines when I wanted to use them... turns out the switch was only for 1000w max... and now my chihiro and noami machines aren't turning on... I diagnosed it to the power supply. everything else turns on like the marquee lights and stuff but everything else is dead. the LEDs on the power supply dont turn on. I find it strange that they both are fucked up after plugging them in to the remote power switch click here.

I removed the power supplies and they are both filthy, I cleaned them out and I noticed that one of them had a locked up fan. I noticed that the fuzes have like a paper inside them so I cant tell if they are blown or not... any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is some issue in connection. Check it out