Net Dimm RAM upgrade - jumper change required?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Net Dimm RAM upgrade - jumper change required?

Post by OldFoo »

Guys

I haven't seen anything definitive on this. If I upgrade my 256mb Net Dimm to 512mb, do I need to change any jumper settings or will the increased RAM be recognized without any changes?

Thanks,

Jim
OldFoo

Re: Net Dimm RAM upgrade - jumper change required?

Post by OldFoo »

jdubs wrote:Guys

I haven't seen anything definitive on this. If I upgrade my 256mb Net Dimm to 512mb, do I need to change any jumper settings or will the increased RAM be recognized without any changes?

Thanks,

Jim

Shouldn't need to do anything, I never had to with mine.
OldFoo

Re: Net Dimm RAM upgrade - jumper change required?

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:
jdubs wrote:Guys

Thanks,

Jim

Shouldn't need to do anything, I never had to with mine.

It was just plug and play for me too
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What are the benefits in upgrading the ram? I know some other systems games required it but I didn't think any of those were on the Naomi?

So basically my question is...Are there any Naomi games that need 512mb.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think it's just Melty Blood Actress Again that needs the 512mb.

Jim
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I am guessing that is for CF or Net booting, so I don't think I will need to worry about that. That cart only cost $120 so I will be getting it that way.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

neonaomi wrote:I am guessing that is for CF or Net booting

Yes, since we're talking about increasing the ram in the Net Dimm.

-Jim
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I was just thinking of GD roms at first.

So the CF card would still need 512mb?

So no GD roms need 512mb of ram?

I am the wired one who uses a Net Dimm and GD rom drive. I never have had the jumpers switched and don't intend to. Might get a CF for my mom's house but only of what I own carts and GD roms of.

I find that with multi carts and mame I get board to easy and do really enjoy the games as I should.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I was wondering about this too. I have 2 different 256mb dimms, both the same specs (pc133, 256mb, CL3), and each one will work fine alone, but together, the board gives me a error 32 (not enough ram). I'm running 4.01 on my netdimm. Does 512 only work with 3.17? Does it not like mixing and matching different DIMMs?