JVS I/O pinout clarification

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

JVS I/O pinout clarification

Post by OldFoo »

I'm going to be wiring up a JVS I/O to a JAMMA fingerboard and wanted some clarification on what is actually needed to be connected. I have 2 NAOMI's but only one SEGA JAMMA adapter. I'm planning on plugging the I/O with fingerboard into the JAMMA harness of my Blast City for controls. This will free up the Sega JAMMA adapter for use in another cab.

My Blast didn't come with a '001' loom so I made my own power connectors and that's why I'm doing this the way I am.

I know I need +5v in on CN7 for the I/O to function but do I need to wire CN1 with 12v in as well, or is it optional?

Related to that question, are the +5 and +12 on the 60 pin digital connector voltage out? If so then I shouldn't need them unless I want to use 5v for spoofing coin counters, correct?

So what I'm thinking is that I need to wire +5 and some grounds from the fingerboard to CN7, along with all controls, test switch, grounds etc to the digital connector.

I will also connect a 5v line from the digital connector to the second coin counter at pin 50 with a 100ohm resistor inline to spoof a second coin counter.

Am I missing anything?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Found this from Andy when doing a forum search:

You got the loop cable from pin 1 to pin 3 which is +5V, sometimes the JVS I/O will not do any DIGITAL inputs till that cable is there.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just finished wiring it up. JAMMA fingerboard with +5v, P1 and P2 controls, test, service, spoofed coin meter P2 with a +5v wire to a 100ohm resistor to pin 50. 5v loop from pin 1 to pin 3. No +12 wired at all.

Everything works, even Shikigami No Shiro II which needs 2 coin counters.

Video:

http://youtu.be/iVyoVqB9FFE