HD & L.A. Riders "no daughter board detected"

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

HD & L.A. Riders "no daughter board detected"

Post by OldFoo »

I traded a 100 buck Blitz '99 cab to someone I know for a deluxe Harley Davidson & L.A. Riders he had, one day it worked, then it didn't. He said his "tech" rebuilt the power supply, when he got it back he couldn't get the monitor to power on and using a PC monitor off the main board got a "no daughter board detected" message and the game didn't boot.

So I currently don't have room in the game room house to bring it home and work on it, it's stuck in the storage unit I rent along with the other project games.

I poked around in the section that contains all the game boards, a few wires seem unhooked, wondering if the guy just didn't get everything reconnected properly after his "tech" messed with it. If I can ever get the NASCAR Deluxe out of the game room I'll get the HD game in to work on, but I'm curious if anyone knows offhand what the "no daughter board detected" message might specifically be referring to. I Googled and poked around in the manual but didn't immediately come up with anything.

thanks,

Hal

OldFoo

Re: HD & L.A. Riders "no daughter board detected&qu

Post by OldFoo »

Halaga wrote:I traded a 100 buck Blitz '99 cab to someone I know for a deluxe Harley Davidson & L.A. Riders he had, one day it worked, then it didn't. He said his "tech" rebuilt the power supply, when he got it back he couldn't get the monitor to power on and using a PC monitor off the main board got a "no daughter board detected" message and the game didn't boot.

So I currently don't have room in the game room house to bring it home and work on it, it's stuck in the storage unit I rent along with the other project games.

I poked around in the section that contains all the game boards, a few wires seem unhooked, wondering if the guy just didn't get everything reconnected properly after his "tech" messed with it. If I can ever get the NASCAR Deluxe out of the game room I'll get the HD game in to work on, but I'm curious if anyone knows offhand what the "no daughter board detected" message might specifically be referring to. I Googled and poked around in the manual but didn't immediately come up with anything.

thanks,

Hal

Means no network board present IIRC