Lindberg (Yellow) - Hard Drive Cloning

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Lindberg (Yellow) - Hard Drive Cloning

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I open this topic for you lindberg guru as I would like to understand how to create a backup of my original Lindberg (no matter the game).

I tried connecting the hard drive on a fresh motherboard from asrock but I get a "primary slave error" on bios post screen, no matter changing the jumper from slave/master.

I think I just need to have my drive "prepared" (I mean partition prepared) in order to install the game from test menu and using the dvd drive with dvd disk.

Sorry if I'm not in line with forum's policy, but I really need your help.

Thank you in advance any way.

Best regards,

Francesco
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think you need to move some jumpers on the motherboard to allow using a new HD as I think there is some lock with it

not 100% just recall swapping some jumpers on mine
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi englishman,

I try to explaing my issue in other words: my Lindberg Afterburner Climax hard drive got damaged and doesn't work anymore, I need to change the hard drive but I don't know how to set up a new drive in order to install the game on it (by going on test menu, install image)..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yes and I think for the motherboard to accept a new Hard Drive, you need to change the jumpers down by the CF card (I think not 100%)

what does the manual say about this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi englishman and thank you very much for support.

I didn't look at the operator manual, didn't realize it could help in this situation, I'll check and let you now soon.

In the meanwhile thank you again!
OldFoo

Lindbergh HD

Post by OldFoo »

Not need to do anything, just install the new hard drive on the lindbergh.

And put the installation DVD on the Lindbergh DVD drive.

The HD Must be configured as SLAVE DEVICE, the CF on the motherboard is the Master one.

If you get a Error from the Bios, can be because the HD is not acceptable.

Lindbergh only accepts 40Gbytes HD's and only some specific models, like WD WD400BB Caviar and Hitachi DeskStar HDS728040PLAT20, one or two models more.

You can try to move the jumper near the CR20232 battery from 1-3 position to 1-2 and boot the lindbergh until you get a CMOS Reset error, then power off and put the jumper back to 1-3 and boot again.

Only 40Gbytes HDs that supports ATA Password Looking are supported by the lindbergh.
OldFoo

Re: Lindbergh HD

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:Not need to do anything, just install the new hard drive on the lindbergh.

And put the installation DVD on the Lindbergh DVD drive.

The HD Must be configured as SLAVE DEVICE, the CF on the motherboard is the Master one.

If you get a Error from the Bios, can be because the HD is not acceptable.

Lindbergh only accepts 40Gbytes HD's and only some specific models, like WD WD400BB Caviar and Hitachi DeskStar HDS728040PLAT20, one or two models more.

You can try to move the jumper near the CR20232 battery from 1-3 position to 1-2 and boot the lindbergh until you get a CMOS Reset error, then power off and put the jumper back to 1-3 and boot again.

Only 40Gbytes HDs that supports ATA Password Looking are supported by the lindbergh.

Hi android and thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with me.

Just one more question, why you suggest me to bring the Lindy in CMOS Reset error?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Because is the process used by the lindbergh for enumerate the CF and HD.