Will this work OK?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Will this work OK?

Post by OldFoo »

OK,

I'm going to build a supergun for JVS kit, incorporating standard Astro CP's.

My first idea was to put the SUN psu, and Non-JAMMA I/O in the supergun, and then have extension cables for Power & USB coming out of it, to run to a Naomi mounted to a poece of wood. This would them be placed near the TV, so the VGA & Audio would be run from there direct to the TV.

The only problem is getting hold of the connectors to make the extensions, mainly the AMP connector.

Also, I thought having the Sun PSU in the unit may make it heavy, so I've had a second Idea, but want to see what people think of it.

I'll mount the naomi on wood, but with the Sun PSU as well. I'll then stick a standard Arcade PSU in the supergun with the I/O (as it only requires 5 & 12V), so then the only connector between the Naomi & controls is the USB cord (And obviously the psu mains lead)

My main question is, will having these 2 PSU's cause a problem??? I would make sure the supergun PSU fires up before the Naomi, so as not to cause I/O Problems.

What do people think???
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That sounds good. Since the USB is the only linking connection, having 2 PSU's is no problem. :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AAARRRRRGH!!!

You won the DIMM Board!!!!! :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Id be interested sounds good
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

dj_johnnyg wrote:AAARRRRRGH!!!

Buy this it has the bracket!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gonna knock up my 1st test bracket hopefully today.

Although my night shift has been shite
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

dj_johnnyg wrote:AAARRRRRGH!!!

Haha! Sorry about that. :D It was a bid I set up a while ago. I didn't think it would stay so low! It's a surprise to me.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Some Naomi auctions are going mega cheapo of late:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I was gonna bid again on that, as I want the Sun PSU, but as it looked as it was going cheap I didn't think I'd get my money back on it.