mobil suit gundam - federation vs zeon problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

mobil suit gundam - federation vs zeon problem

Post by OldFoo »

This cart locks up at the warning screen.

I've checked it was installed right, cleaned it and the connections on the board, and as best as I can tell I have all my voltages in the right ranges.

I've checked the cart and the chips are all on good and connections look good, nothing looks loose or such and I don't think it is getting hot.

I can't figure what the deal is. The guy that had it had trouble with it but said to shake it or smack it and it would work but I really don't think I want to go that route.

anyone else ever have such a problem?

any suggestions?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It sounds to me that there is intermittent contact somewhere on the rom board. If you have to shake or hit it, then loose contact is your number 1 culprit. Problem now, is to find it. :smt004 I would look first at anything that is not a rom, like capacitors since they can loosen but you might not immediately tell because their size tends to cover the leads. If it has a removable BIOS type chip, you might want to reseat that. :smt103 Sorry it this is too much. :smt015

:D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah thats what I thought too.

I've tried that, put the chip in good and tight. Checked everthing that I thought it could be. It's strange, I'll go back over it again. I can go in the test menu and run all the tests on it and they all come up ok.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What BIOS version are you using? Also, what type of I/O are you using? Did you set cabinet type to 1 player?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

it's thr pin issue or just do a rom check..might be corrupted
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'll have to get the info on the bois. I have things set correctly in the software settings I believe. As far as the cabinet goes, I am running it on a pc monitor and on my table. It has the sega io I believe and is just set up to be a one player game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sorry, I should have been clearer with my question. Is your I/O Jamma, or Non-Jamma.