Sega Naomi Connector? for power?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega Naomi Connector? for power?

Post by OldFoo »

ok guys, I want to buy a full naomi, capcom io and gdrom and dim system from a guy online. only problem is he cant test out the system because he is missing one cord (see photo).

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ak ... G_0220.jpg

I asked Mr-Megalo about that end connected and he replied:

"that connector is for use inside a cabinet, its basically 110v AC and the green wire is the Earth, IIRC that connector is from the 110v>12v converter to power the amp, but also passes 110v AV through to the Sun PSU as well.

if your not gonna use the Sega Amp you don?t need the little black step-down for the amp, simply wire up a 2 pin plug to the Sun PSU and you should be set."

Thanks to Mr-Megalo, for his reply but at some point i got lost. I need to know where can i buy that connector? The owner of the set says he used the cord that connected, to go to the wall outlet?

Could such a thing be found at radio shack?

Plz excuse my technical noobyness.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I went to RadioShack to look for this connector type. Unfortunately, they don't have it. I was able to get it by buying a bunch of arcade wires from ebay. I looked at http://www.happcontrols.com/electrical_ ... 025000.htm and they seem to have the right connector. Check it out! :smt024
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

oh ok sweet!

I'm looking at the happ controls page... which connector exactly is the right one? To me it looks like 43-0243-00

Still any idea and what it is used for? Apparently the Naomi system cant run with out it???
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Oh, it's the main AC connector. It connects to the cord that goes to the power outlet outside the cabinet. Can it run without it? Sure, you can. Either buy the connector, or cut off the one shown and attach your own power cord.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I sell the naomi power connectors. There was a thread on the old forums about it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hey Berty, got the connectors yesterday, they took a freaking 20days to reach my home!!! :smt006

thanks again pal!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

footix wrote:hey Berty, got the connectors yesterday, they took a freaking 20days to reach my home!!! :smt006

Only took 7 days for mine. Maybe the British postal system isn't that shit afterall. :smt038
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

footix wrote:hey Berty, got the connectors yesterday, they took a freaking 20days to reach my home!!! :smt006

thanks again pal!

great!!! , i was really starting to get worried. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks again pal!

say footix, is that the same connector that i need? in the pic above?

Berty, How much do they cost?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

obot - on the sun PSU you can use a simple 2 pin plug - same type as US wall socket I do beleive, but you would need to crimp one onto the black/white wires