Blackpool

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Blackpool

Post by OldFoo »

I'm off to Blackpool tomorrow to drink heavily & get some money spent on those arcades.

Hope I can get some PCB's sold to me!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well have a great day mate, love blackers my self, must make a trip soon to go see the lights and catch some arcade action. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've been meaning to go for ages, it's not too far from me. See if they've still got the Ridge Racer MX5 setup, R360 and the uber huge Galaxian. :smt110 :smt035
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i know for a fact that the r360 in mrB's is long gone cuz Mr B's shut down years ago, my favourite arecade that was
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well,

I managed the trip, but was sadly dissapointed.

Like most arcades everywhere, they are binning the games & getting in the fruities.

Did manage a go on this driving simulator thing, which was a suspended seat on hydrolics. Bit odd, but not too bad.

The only thing that really pissed me off was that the games they did have were in such bad condition. Played Virtua Cop 2 ('cos it's one of my favourite gun games) and the screen had serious burn, and the guns hadn't been calibrated, so aim for centre screen, and then it reloads.

It could have been worse, I went over to Whitby later in the week (east coast) and they were dismantling a Time Crisis machine, to fit in 3 more fruities.

Bastards!