Greetings

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Greetings

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all,

I saw some introduction posts here and thought I would do the same. I am getting ready to take the plunge into owning arcade equipment. I have decided to start with a few CPS2 titles as well as a Naomi setup. I made my account a while back when I first decided to try this but, I chickened out. I have never posted anything since I don't ever seem to have anything worth while to say, as you can see from this post.

I am an E.E. More specifically I am a computer/robotics engineer. This of course means I will ask some of the stupidest questions you will ever hear.

Glad to meet you all.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome to Sega-Naomi.com!

Glad you decided to take the plunge :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I signed up today. There have been a few times in the past when I have dropped in here to read up. I am new to Naomi but wanted to be able to contribute, not just ask questions if possible. I now have 6 Naomi systems some complete some in need of repair. The working setups include a Naomi 2 with GDROM, and a standard Naomi both complete on wood backer with Naomi, PS, I/O and Naomi PS/Amp boards.

I do have some questions but will take my time to try to read up in case they have been answered before.

My background is in Sega/Console gaming. I collect for my future gaming museum that covers 1972-2002 30 years of console gaming Odyssey to Xbox with a focus on Sega. My Dreamcast collection has gotten to over 100 consoles so I figured the Naomi world is the next branch to explore. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and makes this site a great resource!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks Cageman!

By the way, EpicFail I hope you don't take this like I am jacking your topic. I didn't mean any disrespect. It seems you had a good idea to make a greeting topic. I know it can be anoying for new members to come in and create a bunch of new redundant posts so I thought I would try to avoid that. I hope your CPS2 and Naomi project is coming along well!