Nice places to visit in California....

Off topic posts go in this forum
OldFoo

Nice places to visit in California....

Post by OldFoo »

Hello There,

I am going to spend my summer holidays in California, I will make a big round starting from LA, Phoenix, grand canion, Las Vegas, San francisco and then the cost going back to LA.

Since a lot of users of this forum are American I would like to ask them to suggest me any nice place/city/town to visit maybe even not well known, not a classic turist places, or even cities or places to avoid :smt011 ....any kind of suggest will be accepted!!!!

Hope to get some good/nice infos.....

Of course If any of you is planing to come in my place(Tuscany Italy) I will be happy to help.....

thanks

Marco
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Definitely check out the beach areas around Los Angeles and also make some time for San Diego.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Depends on what kind of stuff you are looking to do. Downtown LA has a decent night life going on if you like to hang out in trendy bars and such. Korea town is fun if you are looking for some different, and they have some neat karaoke bars, with private booths and waiters on call.

Beach wise Santa Monica isn't too bad, and the pier is actually pretty nice, although that is fairly touristy. Then have a decent arcade down there though :D and some tasty funnel cakes as well as some rides, carnival type stuff.

What else... Culver City has some tasty places to eat, and is just a little inland of santa monica. Tender greens, Glorias, ford filling station to name a few off the top of my head. There are some other neat places if you are into greasy spoon(diner) type places.

If you are going to vegas I can't recommend enough the pinball museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/. I have recommended this to many people that weren't even all that interested in pinball, and they had a blast.

Decent museums here (LA) as well like LACMA, and Hunington Gardens if you want to stroll through more of californias greenery, as that place is a giant museum and botanical garden.

I guess if you think of something more specific let me know, been here awhile, and know some good places. Most importantly Have fun!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

get your ramen at kouraku

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hermosaguy wrote:Definitely check out the beach areas around Los Angeles and also make some time for San Diego.

thanks for the infos, for sure I will visit those places, I am very curious to

see San Diego, my frind told me that it is very nice.... ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ae.tc wrote:get your ramen at kouraku

I love Japanese food....If I will be around I will have my ramen for sure...

Is this your restorant?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mar.vetto wrote:... Is this your restorant?

used to live closer to downtown LA, and was in here usually twice a week :smt014
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thatdanGguy wrote:Depends on what kind of stuff you are looking to do. Downtown LA has a decent night life going on if you like to hang out in trendy bars and such. Korea town is fun if you are looking for some different, and they have some neat karaoke bars, with private booths and waiters on call.

Beach wise Santa Monica isn't too bad, and the pier is actually pretty nice, although that is fairly touristy. Then have a decent arcade down there though :D and some tasty funnel cakes as well as some rides, carnival type stuff.

What else... Culver City has some tasty places to eat, and is just a little inland of santa monica. Tender greens, Glorias, ford filling station to name a few off the top of my head. There are some other neat places if you are into greasy spoon(diner) type places.

If you are going to vegas I can't recommend enough the pinball museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/. I have recommended this to many people that weren't even all that interested in pinball, and they had a blast.

Decent museums here (LA) as well like LACMA, and Hunington Gardens if you want to stroll through more of californias greenery, as that place is a giant museum and botanical garden.

I guess if you think of something more specific let me know, been here awhile, and know some good places. Most importantly Have fun!

hi,

thanks for all the infos, some of those are on my trip plan since long time, like the pinball museum, i am a small pinball collector(at the moment I own 7 pins at the moment), i really want to go to visit the museum!!!! :D

I am not thinking about any specific, I will get the car in LA and then I will start my trip, with 3 weeks to spend there I guess I will have the right time to have fun!!

Thanks a lot,in case i will have some questions I will pm you!!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I will be around I will have my ramen for sure...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mar.vetto wrote:
thatdanGguy wrote:Depends on what kind of stuff you are looking to do. Downtown LA has a decent night life going on if you like to hang out in trendy bars and such. Korea town is fun if you are looking for some different, and they have some neat karaoke bars, with private booths and waiters on call.

Hi,

thanks for all the infos, some of those are on my trip plan since long time, like the pinball museum, I am a small pinball collector(at the moment I own 7 pins at the moment), I really want to go to visit the museum!!!! :D

I am not thinking about any specific, I will get the car in LA and then I will start my trip, with 3 weeks to spend there I guess I will have the right time to have fun!!

Thanks a lot,in case I will have some questions I will pm you!!!!

No problem sir. Depending on when you come down the Tim Burton exhibit at lacma will be up, showing his personal and film artwork too.

Give me a shout when you're about to leave