My cabs

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My cabs

Post by OldFoo »

I finally got my Naomi Uni in presentable shape, so here's some pictures of my arcade collection.

Here they are, the long time dream Naomi Uni and my older trusty companion, a 6-slot Neo-Geo. The Naomi is in pretty good shape, no missing side stickers, no cigarette burns.

I've rarely seen this Neo-Geo cab, you see more of the model with the big mini-marquee header. The control panel here is the same though. The memory card reader is inside the panel, I just thought I wouldn't use it enough to poke a hole in it, and I'm also missing the reader slot rims.

The marquee is Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned. It's a badass game and it's a Naomi exclusive. Those alone would have been enough for me to decide which marquee to put in this. But luckily it's also one of the best looking marquees.

For a long time I wondered about what colour buttons to put in this. In the end I decided to tie them to the overall colours of the Uni and the Final Tuned marquee. So I used three colours: red, vermilion and orange. Gives it a nice feel and ties it to the marquee.

Here's another pic of the panel. Just try to ignore the damage around the button in the upper row; everyone who's drilled additional holes in their panel knows they're asking for trouble. The Naomi card just a freebie from SegaShed, that I decided to trim a little and put in the instruction space. Looks clean and neat.

And then some games. Neo-Geo kits and shockboxes:

Naomi GDs. The japanese game on the side is Musapey's Choco Marker.

Naomi ROMs. The Japanese games there are Power Stone and Heavy Metal Geomatrix.

And that's it for now! Though I'm currently thinking about getting another Naomi. But living in Finland means I've got slim pickings. I'm currently hoping a local dealer here would get a driving cab in, but it's possible I'll have to postpone that kind of foolishness to a later date (and later apartment). So I'll most likely get another Universal Cabinet, which will be rotated for some Ikaruga and co. goodness. (BTW, what would I need to put some Cave games running in there as well?)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ummm,

you wouldn't consider selling me the Virtua NBA cart would ya? :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DJ Infinity wrote:Ummm,

you wouldn't consider selling me the Virtua NBA cart would ya? :smt020

Sorry, It's a keeper. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Fair Enough :smt020 Nice collection
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Haven't posted a while in this thread, after my cabs started multiplying. :)

Running there are my two newest games, Chaos Field and Under Defeat. I got them for a pretty good price from NeoAmusement, though they usually have high prices. I had them both for 300 euros.

I have Under Defeat for the Dreamcast but nothing tops the original. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Really beautifull cabs !

Under Defeat ... i love this game :smt007
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Fantastic. Just plain cool.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

EDIT: Didn't look at the date.
Last edited by OldFoo on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just try to ignore the damage around the button in the upper row; everyone who's drilled additional holes in their panel knows they're asking for trouble.

Don't Drill :D

Drill a 1/4" hole and use a hole punch. Comes out nice and clean.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:
Just try to ignore the damage around the button in the upper row; everyone who's drilled additional holes in their panel knows they're asking for trouble.

Don't Drill :D

Drill a 1/4" hole and use a hole punch. Comes out nice and clean.

Or clamp a piece of wood behind the CP when drilling. That works really well, since the drill will not move left or right during drilling - the wood 'holds on' to the drill bit so it cannot move around. I used a small beam (2x2 inches).