VOOT M.S.B.S. 5.66 in DA HOUSE

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gilles54 wrote:
I was asking about JPEG for MARQUEE/INSERT for VOOT to fit universal cab.

Ouch! Good luck!

Thanks. If I find one I'll let you know. Please do the same.

Thanks and Regards

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

couldnt you get thew model 3 version running in there with the cp?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice shopping list Bower. :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice 5.66 setup, SkiDog. I wish I had the space for a full cabinet.

The thread title is very similar to one I made a few months ago about my Ver.5.66 'setup' (link). I think you emailed me about it, but I'm not sure.

Are you going to set up the VMU slot? I have not done it on mine, yet. I have some parts en route from Japan that I think will allow me to do this. I do have one Ver.5.66 VMU slot (actually the entire Ver.5.66 panel). I hope to be able to use a DC controller for the VMU, though.

Regarding the black bar, the DC version also has it... it doesn't use the full 640x480 (640x448 or something). Maybe the graphics are just too intense and Sega had to reduce the resolution. :)

I have a bunch of VOOT arcade artwork that I've been meaning to scan, including the Ver.5.2 versus city panel inserts. I'll try to do it soon.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MentholMoose wrote:Nice 5.66 setup, SkiDog. I wish I had the space for a full cabinet.

The thread title is very similar to one I made a few months ago about my Ver.5.66 'setup' (link). I think you emailed me about it, but I'm not sure.

Hi Kirk, :smt006

It was you that gave me the lead on the VOOT 5.66. Thanks :)

MentholMoose wrote:
Are you going to set up the VMU slot? I have not done it on mine, yet. I have some parts en route from Japan that I think will allow me to do this. I do have one Ver.5.66 VMU slot (actually the entire Ver.5.66 panel). I hope to be able to use a DC controller for the VMU, though.

Did not even realize there was a unique VMU connection.

I've seen the capcom panels with the VMU connection but I am liking this better. Yet another thing to purchase. :D

MentholMoose wrote:
Regarding the black bar, the DC version also has it... it doesn't use the full 640x480 (640x448 or something). Maybe the graphics are just too intense and Sega had to reduce the resolution. :)

Thank Goodness. :D

I moved the cartraige over too my other cabonet with a NAOMI 1 and a different monitor and different US BIOS and still got the 'widescreen'. :smt009

I was down to thinking JP bios would solve this. :smt017

I was startnig to wonder about the ROM cartraige itself. :smt017

Still not sure why it 'hangs' if I stop crediting. Get the same results from both cabinets. One with NAOMI 1 and one with NAOMI 2 :smt017

MentholMoose wrote:
I have a bunch of VOOT arcade artwork that I've been meaning to scan, including the Ver.5.2 versus city panel inserts. I'll try to do it soon.

Would really like to get any scans of control panel, inserts, and universal marquee if you have them. :smt028

I am planning on stripping my control panel and scanning it as well. :D

Thanks for the input

Regards

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog, do you have any pics of the bottom of the control panel? I'd like to see how it compares to the Ver.5.2 panels. Thanks.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I would love some scans also. I have the 5.2 version panel but still no cart. I have a virtua NBA cart that i might consider swapping if someone has got a spare.