My first Naomi1 setup

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My first Naomi1 setup

Post by OldFoo »

Hello all,

This is my first post btw. Have been a spectator for a while accumulating info. Thanks for this great forum!

Well, Actually i wanted to show my first Naomi cart setup. Have been infected with the arcade virus for a while now and i HAD to have a naomi system running in my cab. (Being a Dreamcast gamer for years now) I currently own 2 candy cabs. A Sega New Astro City and a Taito Egret 3 which you can spot on the image.

Have to say that it looks lovely in VGA on an Egret3 machine which is fully JVS prepared.

I currently own the following carts:

-Gigawing II

-Zero Gunner II

-Zombie Revenge

-Cosmic Smash

See ya!

Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

wow you lucky guy!

this cab is wonderful, and you also have GigaWing 2 and Zero Gunner... they are on my wish list....

Nice work!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Zanza911 wrote:wow you lucky guy!

this cab is wonderful, and you also have GigaWing 2 and Zero Gunner... they are on my wish list....

Nice work!

Thanks man!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice stuff :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah it looks very good...nice Cab and also a nice System... ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That Egret III is awesome, don't see those too often. Nice collection.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you all for your nice comments!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The Egret 3 is Jamma or JVS?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Universal you could say. It's got a jamma connector and loads more plugs which i can't identify (yet). With JVS prepared i mean you can easily hook up the Naomi and GD-rom drive or Taito Type X directly to the psu and use the VGA connection for video. I'm using the capcom i/o for controls and sound only.

I just got the basic naomi cart setup now. Adding a gd-rom would be a piece of cake when i decide too. Also there's quite a lot of pcb space compared to my Sega New Astro City.

Almost sounds like i'm trying to sell it to you. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

uh...if i had the money i will buy it for sure!