Naomi Uni and KI2 cab

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I bought a KI "Flash Drive Kit" from ARCADESERVICES on eBay...

Basically, it's a combo that consists of new u98 ROM, IDE->Flash Disk adapter and a CF card w/ the KI hard drive data.

Remove your HD, plug in this beyotch and your game works like a charm!

My KI board was bought working, but it started to crap out on me a few months later.

I'll post results here once I get the kit & try it :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Fuke, Killer Instinct sounds almost as hard work as CPSIII.

Arcade shizzle should be indestructable, damn it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

gundarN wrote:Fuke, Killer Instinct sounds almost as hard work as CPSIII.

Arcade shizzle should be indestructable, damn it.

Nah, not at all.

Killer Instinct is plagued by a crappy design, that's all. The Hard Drive dies after years of use because they're small, fragile laptop drives not meant for heavy usage ;-)

This "flash" kit uses a CF card, so there are no moving parts. The game becomes basically indestructible!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Doesn't help that cabs are sometimes on smokey locations.

HDD hate smoke!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Checked out arcade-services and they have the KI flash kit (no KI2) and a KI2 HDD kit, and both pretty cheap too. I'll soon have this motherfucker working again!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Get their KI2 HD kit then, they use a regular size hard drive... should last for various decades with home use ;-)
OldFoo

Re: Naomi Uni and KI2 cab

Post by OldFoo »

theevilfunkster wrote:Cab with rotated screen

Super Cool.

I've seen vertical screen in a couple of astro's. Now in a Universal and that clinches it.

I hopefully will have my 3rd NAOMI coming soon for a dedicated Vertically mounted monitor in a UNIVERSAL cabinet.

The tought that went into the cabinet design to make the monitor capable of being mounted vertically or horizontally really was superb planning by the folks at SEGA.

Also after seeing that cab with the capcom panel make me cringe at the fact I sold my capcom panel for $40USD. You really did a sweet job with the button and joystick config on the capcom panel.

Regards

Bob Presutti