My finished NAOMI Universal Cab CP

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My finished NAOMI Universal Cab CP

Post by OldFoo »

Finally got my sanwa sticks to use the new CP andy sent me ages ago... here it is :)

Also... see how the plastic is kind of yellow and has some fag burns?

Anyone know a good way to get the nice candy-white back out of the plastics again?

I've tried using some cleaning compounds for plastics, it helped a bit but the cig stains are still there :\

Laters!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

first of all matey, nice lookin cab, i wouldnt say the yellowing is that bad, but i do see the fag burns and theyd bug me too, so i dont blame you for wanting to sort them out.

try brasso, i use this on all my arcade stuffs and it shifts everything, give it a whirl. ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:smt089

*~*still waiting for his orange universal cp in the mail*~*

Looks nice! Haven't seen one with US buttons before though. I like it :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks! I'll give brasso a shot :)

Right now I've been using: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p= ... &parent=80

It seems to work real well on the plastics to make them feel supersmooth and have a nice shine... but doesn't do much for removing stains :)

Also, the metal siding on my uni cab has some real issues with the "paint".

It looks good in most places... but in others it's scratched/smeared.

However it has this "layer" over the real metal which is something I don't really understand. Any good ideas on how to restore those parts?

About the US buttons... I like them better too :)

It's for a few reasons... one because the concave feeling is better for me to center my hands on, second is because they use standard cherry microswitches which you can pop on and off in the back. (Woot!)

The other is because I really like the screw type over the .jp snap-in type... just makes it feel more secure :)

As for sticks, Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y with octogonal restrictor plates for life :)

I had some shitty US style magcentered bat-top sticks before... with an absoloutely awful range of motion... it was just about impossible to do rotation moves in fighters without hitting a direction you didn't intend to.

BTW, you can see some older pics of the cab here as I got it into shape :)

http://www.neovanglist.net/~Neovanglist/NAOMI

You can see the old joysticks there too. Also, the CP was originally 3 button/2 player but I modded it to 6button without using a hole punch... I'll write up an article on how to do it at some point :)

(The CP in the new pic is a total replacement... when I did the mod it destroyed the art on it and it was easier to replace the CP then to find new art.)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nice but some parts to do :)

turn screen for shooters

make a sitdowncab out of it

get a marquee

and hell, use sanwa buttons in 1 color

you can see my naomis here : www.rosecourt.de/calium/noiseland.html
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

calium wrote:nice but some parts to do :)

turn screen for shooters

get a marquee

The screen is rotated now days.

I've thought about doing a sitdown conversion to it... but I have an astro on the way and I kind of like being able to stand up and play. (It's in my office so it makes for good breaks from coding)

Also, I've been looking for a marquee board in the past but they are damn expensive!

Also, where did you have your "bodywork" revarnished? They looked really white and crisp after that :)

And tell me where you found the chrome coinslot... :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Neovanglist wrote:

turn screen for shooters

get a marquee

I've thought about doing a sitdown conversion to it... but I have an astro on the way and I kind of like being able to stand up and play. (It's in my office so it makes for good breaks from coding)

Also, I've been looking for a marquee board in the past but they are damn expensive!

Also, where did you have your "bodywork" revarnished? They looked really white and crisp after that :)

i got my second crome coinslot today. someone in france is selling 2 more of these little babies. fabaway could help you to get into a deal with that guy. 20? not really cheap...

the dad of a friend of me owns a painting company. they did all the revarnishing stuff for me. and yeah it is total crispy white without scratches now :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

calium wrote:
Neovanglist wrote:

turn screen for shooters

get a marquee

i got my second crome coinslot today. someone in france is selling 2 more of these little babies. fabaway could help you to get into a deal with that guy. 20? not really cheap...

the dad of a friend of me owns a painting company. they did all the revarnishing stuff for me. and yeah it is total crispy white without scratches now :D

Any chance I could pay to have him redo mine at some point?

I'm in denmark so it shouldn't be that hard to get them to you and back :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Neovanglist wrote:
calium wrote:
Neovanglist wrote:

Any chance I could pay to have him redo mine at some point?

I'm in denmark so it shouldn't be that hard to get them to you and back :)

nah thats impossible. go to one of your painting companies in your city and they can do it without any probs...