My "Starting Small" Set up

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My "Starting Small" Set up

Post by OldFoo »

I thought I may aswell show of my system, mainly because I'm bored and just to show how I've done things really.

So without further ado, here's my board:

I had to start of small, so small this is all my arcade kit. The reason is mainly space and money, but one day in future I hope to get a Naomi Net cab snce they look so damn nice. My Naomi is actually darker IRL, the caasing is fading. The Naomi logo haqs gone a very dark colour underneath it, but it works and was cheap compared to other systemso I'm happy :)

To the side at the top is a 240V switch from a AT PC Power Supply which was doing nothing so I used that to switch the whole board on. Beside it is a small 5mm green LED from an old electronic game which I use as a main power light. To the side of that is a Type 1 I/O board. I don't know why many people get JAMMA boards, but I decided against it as in honesty I have no arcade cabs at all, and I didn't want to make a JAMMA loom. This I got for free since the inputs don't work properly, but the guy sent it me for absolutely nothing, so I'm not complaining about this either. Altough I do wanna buy something off him as a sort of thanks for that.

Below is a small wire clamp to hold the RCA Audio and VGA cable, nothing fancy. Bellow is a Mini-ITX 175W power supply I got for free from an old PC. Again it was laying around doing nothing, and I couln't see a reason not to use it. It has a 120-240VAC switch, set to 240V obviously ;). The I/O board connects from a splitter into a disk drive connector while the Naomi connects to the ATX connector for all it's power needs. The LED is wired up to the JST-VL 6-Pin connector for my ease since the ATX connector is a bastard for wiring up over here. The wood is some old shelf that was doing nothing, but for my plans I'll need a bigger peice, this is too small.

And that's about it. Unfortunatly I have no games to show off, like I said, this is all my arcade stuff on one small board. I am in the process of getting a Dimm board with a GD-ROM drive to use for it, but that's later on.

Anyway, there's my kit. It may be small but we all have to start somewhere small ;) The idea is to have one wood board for every system ideally, so then I only need to swap around the systems, hence why I'm trying to find a proper Naomi branded box, for storage and just to own the original stuff too. I'm hooked for life now arn't I?

Anywy, I'll let you get on with you evening/day, it's getting late at the time of posting :smt015
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

it always starts with little ...

I liked your letter ... and well done, to write it!

to start well, my opinion is to take a good power supply, which is a very important piece, to live your system.

Then, you focus on what you need, depending on the game of your choice.

you must not, throw away money for a player and dimm Gd, if you only like games in a cartridge!

think about it, your future system, so do not throw away money.

in this site, you can find good opportunities ... tell us what games you like ... hello:)

:smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the reply :P

I've mostly been going with games that are cheap so I could justify why I spent as much as I did lol.

Regarding the powersupply, I really should get a relay so the Naomi turns on only when the Power Supply has said it's got stable voltages from the PS_GOOD Grey wire. I might look into wiring another LED for that too. Hmm.

Anyway, there's some games I want on GD ROM so hence why I bought one recently. I bought Sports Jam from Andy's site again because it was the cheapest, but atleast I have a GD ROM game to use. I also bought two carts from fellow users to, Virtua Striker 2 v.2k and Virtua Tennis, and I really am happy with them, though I have to say I like VT better XP

Mostly the games I'm interested in are the popular ones obviously, HOT2, Confidential Mission, a few others too.

I'll update my post later on with the newer additions and hopefully I can get my Naomi board back from someone. Anywho.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah

start with green + first black around Image

:smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I know lol :P Thanks anyway.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, here's a couple of pics of the new items I have gained since my last photo XP

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have to say I love the Triforce's boot chime ;D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

go... go... new parts :smt020