My 1st Universal Project

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

My 1st Universal Project

Post by OldFoo »

Thought i would share my new project its coming along nicely.

I purchased a Pro Evo Soccer cab from ebay from an arcade in Minehead. Spent 5 hours round trip getting there and back and finally got it home.

Inside was black with sticky stuff... Coke i suspect, so spent 3-4 good hrs scrubbing and air dusting inside and out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I Purchased some white primer and white gloss and reprayed the complete cab.

Then i purchased a New Net City overhaul kit with new panel and side artwork plus bezzel sticker and coin sticker from Craig at Giz10p I know its not a genuine Net City but the Naomi Universal kits are impossible nearly to get. Besides i prefer the Net City Look.

I purchased a mint Naomi Gd-rom from Marco on the forums along with some games from CrackStation. I also got from Ebay a near new looking Naomi 1 board after putting it all together it didnt work....

First boot didnt work. turns out the cart wasnt seated right.

After a little more playing it was up and running.

Left to do is replace the other pink top joystick and i am waiting on some buttons from arcade.de along with my chrome dustcaps.

I eventually plan on putting Dreamcast inside to play shoot em ups but thats for another day...

Finally got a Marquee holder only cost me ?5 plus P&P which is a bargain.

Now i need to get a decent Marquee to put in it....

Anyway big thanks to all who have supplied me with gear

Marco

Crackstation

MO

Craig

and anyone else who has pointed me in the right direction...
Last edited by OldFoo on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nice cab, let's play now!!!!!! ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, Excellent job! Always good and rewarding in the end to cleanup cabs. Enjoy! :smt023
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice! Looks like new :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well last bank holiday gave me some time to start installing the dreamcast.

Basically purchased a faulty Dreamcast with VGA, Gun, Fishing Rod and 150 copied games including some emu's.

Got me soldering kit out with the thought of having to replace some bits inside and turns out a simple fix on the internet was all that was required.

removed the lid and turned the tiny screw on the front of the laser assmebly... unfortunately i think this means the laser is on the way out but i now have 2 spare consoles and a Sega Saturn to play with if that happens.

Ok Basically had to make a small hole to the side of the cab to allow for the gun cable. I also had to buy a extension cable to run up the leg of the uni cab this also enables me to have a connector in the controll panel to swap the gun for my future pad hacks.

Then i had to figure out where the dreamcast was gonna sit in the base..

I soldered a surge protection extention lead into the cab of the incoming power supply and then mounted the dreamcast on a piece of wood for now.... will have to fabricate somthing at a later date.

Conected it all up and it was time to test it out.

It Works :)

Here is the Dreamcast in the Base Unit.

Im gonna look at additional fans as ventilation is gonna be a big issue with all that hardware inside.

Next job was to hack up 1 of the 6 pads i was sent with Dreamcast to soldier my connections on.

Never done one of these in my life but followed an online guide and here my first attempt.

Final job was to install the new joystick and installed my 2 Mirror finish dust washers from Arcade.de

Ok thats all for now will get onto some other bits this weekend i have also just aquired a MegaTouch 2007.5 Which i gotta clean and air dust, else OCD will drive me nuts that i missed a bit.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow, looking great!

Can you post a link (or PM) to the guide for the pad hack please? Looking to do the same for both the DC and Saturn.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sure i used

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89850.0

&

http://bencao74.blogspot.com/2008/11/dc ... nsole.html

bsically i tinned the wire first then put a blob of solder on the board and joined the 2 together. some pads are easier than other to do.

I noticed you saying you were doing a saturn so i have found this which may be of help.

http://wrongcrowd.com/arcade//saturn1.shtml

i used a glue gun to attach the connector blocks and also to reinforce the solder joints.