(New Project) Atomiswave Sit Down Driver

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

(New Project) Atomiswave Sit Down Driver

Post by OldFoo »

Well im back to square 1 again and now have in my posession an Atomiswave SD driver called Maximum Speed. Aint seen to many of these around.... to be honest ive never seen 1 for sale apart from this.

The game is broken up into 3 types of races Stock Car (basically this is Daytona) Truck Racing & Formula 1.

I have also got hold of Faster Than Speed which is basically plug and play in this cab. Faster than speed is similar to Fast & Furious so lots of suped up street racers..... this cart cost a small fortune from the good old US of A and will be well worth it im sure.

Purchased through E-Bay from a company in Yorkshire for a reasonable price so have a bit of proffit in this i think once it is ready to sell on.

As you can see the machine looks pretty tidy and has the artwork for both games.

I believe this meant that if you had a pair of machines you could just swap the cabs round depending on what game you had loaded then the correct artwork would be displayed on the outside..

As i believe the atomiswave has only left and right stereo is to get a virtual surround amp and have a 5.1 or a 4.1 surround system on it.

Im thinking that i will look at putting a sub in the base of the seat unit and mount 2 rear speakers in the actual seat near your head... there are 2 wings which look just right for this at the top of the headrest.

The machine is coming tomorrow so have the day of and will update as needed. Untill i see the machine i have no idea if this is all possible.

Sorry for the poor photos but these are the only ones i have from the auction.. will update with my own tomorrow.

Keep watching this space

Need a Maximum Speed Marquee if anyone knows of one or artwork i can print off..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Had a long day cleaning today... Machine arrived at 6:30am from yorkshire, the guy must have been on the road early as its a good 3 hour drive. Machine insides were fairly dusty... the Atomiswave fan was completly blocked up as well as the PSU. its all clean now and running nicely. will upload pics tomorrow
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Has taken a while to upload these as i have been busy at work, building industry has gone mad in the last few months and managing all the projects is taking a vast amount of time....

Anyway i stripped down the Atomiswave board and completely cleaned all the insides and the fan. I also cleaned the fan on the psu as it was completely solid inside with dust. it now runs much quieter.

As you can see it pretty clean inside.

The monitor has some screen burn and i am looking at replacing it with a 27" high res to make the best image possible.

These are the squares in the seat rest where i plan to mount the rear speakers for my 5.1 surround.

a few more pics.

I will update with more details when i get chance to work on it.